PDA

View Full Version : The Kentucky HeadHunters

street music
June 28th, 2008, 01:18 PM
We are going to see The Kentucky HeadHunters on the night of JUly 4th, they will be very close to us and put on a real rockin show. Any of you'll
ever listen to red-neck music?:dude:

t_ross33
June 29th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I've been a fan since their album "Pickin On Nashville" came out. I really like the rock/honkytonk/bar room/kickass spin they put on classic country songs - it was a pretty big departure from "country" music when it came out. And they are one of the TIGHTEST bands around.

We cover a couple of their covers and they always go over well: Oh Lonesome Me and Walk Softly (On This Heart Of Mine). :R

tot_Ou_tard
June 30th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I have a kentucky Headhunters album, but I haven't listened to it for ages.

I forget what i thought about it.

I'll have to go dig it up.

Enjoy, Street!

player
July 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
was fortunate enough to see them here in Ky.(Nov.07)when they were guests of Black Stone Cherry.their drummer is the son of the Headhunters rhythm guitarist.
did not know the HH drummer was bald as a cue ball.what looks like long hair is in fact his sideburns(Wow).fantastic evening where the guest band was IMO better the the host although BSC rocks by themselves having seen/heard them once before they went abroad.They do Rawk but not that night it was all Headhunters. :rockon: pretty sure the sound crew did BSC wrong.they were set up for the guest but not the host go figure.
really dug their version of Spirit in the Sky,Hey Jude,Come Together,etc.Cave City pavillion aka Convention Center

Algonquin
July 4th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I've been living a sheltered life I guess... don't know them.

Regardless, have a great time at the show.

Robert
July 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Never heard of them. Redneck music? What is that? Like that banjo / guitar duel in "Deliverance"? :D

sumitomo
July 4th, 2008, 04:01 PM
No,No Robert your thinking squeal like a pig,there more like rock till your hair falls out.Sumi:D:D (sorry Im boared today)

player
July 4th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Do not recall the Headhunters touring in Canada or Michigan even.like Black Label Society both will rock yer socks off. :rockon:

street music
July 4th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Just got home from the show, hey these guys still can rock the house down.
Fred played the hell out of the drums and Greg Martin in a heck of a guitar player, and by the way, they had just returned from three weeks of shows in Canada. If you haven't ever heard The Kentucky HeadHunters You should try to. It's pumped up Southern Country Rock, the distorted version of House of The Rising Sun they did tonight was wild.
Great show, and they did a long meet and great after signed and took pictures with anyone who wanted them.