PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Cheese?

Robert
May 10th, 2006, 06:30 PM
What is your favourite cheese? I love Wallace & Gromit, and since they are Englishmen, they love cheese. So, I found some Stilton cheese in the local store. Wallace & Gromit like Stilton cheese. Well, I do too! It's fabulous! It has these green gobs of yumminess amongst the yellow flavourful cheeziness!

Ahh, what a difference some Stilton cheese does! You gotta try it if you haven't. (Who the heck is Wallace & Gromit? Answer (http://java.europe.yahoo.com/uk/uip/wallaceandgromit/index.html))

Katastrophe
May 10th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Strange post, my friend... I don't think I've ever seen one about cheese before... Put me down as a Pepper Monterey Jack man. But sometimes, you just have to have a nice, sharp cheddar.:)

Loved the Wallace and Gromit movie. Every once and a while, one of us will say "Cheeeeeeesssseeee, Gromit!" for no good verifiable reason (other than my 9 year old stepdaughter, who gets a kick out of hearing it in my cheesy British accent, pun intended):D

Spudman
May 10th, 2006, 09:30 PM
I like any cheese that a were-rabbit has not drooled on.

Tim
May 11th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Any cheese is a weak point in my dietary intake. I especially enjoy the jalapeƱo cheese. Hmmm Hmmm Good!

SuperSwede
May 11th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Stilton! :)
I also love the danish cheese "gamle ole" but it smells so bad that its hard to store with other foodstuffs. Also, dont put it in your car, the smell will never leave the seats again...
Its hard to describe the taste, but someone described it as having a small nuclear explosion happening in your mouth. Very tasty...

Tim
May 11th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Stilton! :)
I also love the danish cheese "gamle ole" but it smells so bad .... described it as having a small nuclear explosion happening in your mouth. Very tasty...

Something that powerful must have it's down fall. In this case the smell. I have smelled a few bad smelling cheeses in my life, but never had what it takes to try them. I figured it they would leave one with a potty mouth that would impact those you talk to plus your dog would stay away also.

ray82609
May 12th, 2006, 11:00 AM
I like eating the cheese, but mostly I like cutting the cheese.
-Ray

Tim
May 12th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Oh yea! That was a good one Ray. I am glad there are many miles between us.

Robert
May 12th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I thought some of our UK Fretters would chime in - isn't eating cheese there a very important thing? Cheeese and Crackers? Anyway, having good cheese is like having a good wine. It's an enjoyable experience. But there are many bland cheeses that don't qualify. Rochefort is another good one, and so is Gorgonzola.

ZoSo65
May 12th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I like grilled cheese :D

Spudman
May 12th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I thought some of our UK Fretters would chime in - isn't eating cheese there a very important thing? Cheeese and Crackers? Anyway, having good cheese is like having a good wine. It's an enjoyable experience. But there are many bland cheeses that don't qualify. Rochefort is another good one, and so is Gorgonzola.

I think it's really all about the tea. Cheese is what happens if you drink too much of it.

SuperSwede
May 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Anyway, having good cheese is like having a good wine. It's an enjoyable experience.

Those two are best combined imho :)

Red wine & Cheese... mmmmmm

tot_Ou_tard
May 13th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Strange post, my friend... I don't think I've ever seen one about cheese before... Put me down as a Pepper Monterey Jack man. But sometimes, you just have to have a nice, sharp cheddar.:)

Loved the Wallace and Gromit movie. Every once and a while, one of us will say "Cheeeeeeesssseeee, Gromit!" for no good verifiable reason (other than my 9 year old stepdaughter, who gets a kick out of hearing it in my cheesy British accent, pun intended):D
Cracklin' Toast Grommit is what we say, but you have to do the hand thingy.

Humboldt Fog is a aged brie-like goat cheese from Northern California (near Arcata Robert) that is spectacular.

Robert
May 13th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Interesting, I have been to Arcata once, ran a marathon the Red Wood forest there - along the Avenue Of The Giants. Spectacular forest by the way!

I'll be looking for that Humboldt Fog - hope they export to Canada!

Cracklin' Toast Grommit is what we say, but you have to do the hand thingy.

Humboldt Fog is a aged brie-like goat cheese from Northern California (near Arcata Robert) that is spectacular.

Spudman
May 13th, 2006, 06:27 PM
For all you serious cheese heads. Please don't go anywhere with me if you are using it.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 Cheesemakers create "Stilton" perfume
LONDON (Reuters) - Some say Britain's pungent blue-veined Stilton cheese smells of old socks. But its fans have turned the rare odor into a perfume.
The Stilton Cheese Makers Association commissioned an aromatics firm to create Eau de Stilton, described on the association's Web site as featuring a "symphony of natural base notes including Yarrow, Angelica seed, Clary Sage and Valerian."
"Blue Stilton cheese has a very distinctive mellow aroma and our perfumier was able to capture the key essence of that scent and recreate it in an unusual but highly wearable perfume," said an association spokesman.
The perfume will be available from www.stiltoncheese.com.

Katastrophe
May 13th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Holy blue cheese veins, Batman! I just bet that's some good stuff...

BTW, the "intuitive" ads at the end of this thread are great.

SuperSwede
May 14th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Another cheaper way of achieving this is to never change socks...

oldguy
May 14th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Being an old hillbilly dude, I like a very sharp smoked cheddar with whole wheat crackers and homemade elderberry wine. Also a sharp swiss is very nice, as well as a milder shredded cheddar on top of a two pound taco salad!:D

Bloozcat
May 17th, 2006, 06:44 AM
I was first introduced to Stilton cheese many years ago on my first trip to London. Being the cheese lover that I am, I took to it instantly. It is so pungent that when I brought some back to our hotel room, I had to put it outside on the window ledge so that we didn't choke on the air in the room....:o

It takes a pretty bold red wine to drink with Stilton. A very big, bold, complex and fruity Cabernet or Shiraz compliments it well. :cool:

tot_Ou_tard
May 17th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Stilton does win in the tasty pungent category.

But the medaille d'or in the ripe, drippy & stinky category goes to

Rind Washed Epoisses

It is, as to be expected, a french cheese.

Deeeeelicious! Just make sure that those around you are also stinky cheese lovers.