PDA

View Full Version : Blackheart Amps

TS808
June 29th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Okay, I FINALLY came to the conclusion that small amps are my best bet..if my buddy and I ever DO get to gigging, I have my 18-watt and my AD50VT.

I'm seriously thinking about the 5-watt Blackheart head and cab...seems like a cool amp for home and the price is great. I think what has kept me from getting small amps in the past is two things...many of them sound really boxy because of the small cabs, and I'm sometimes TOO leary when I see a head and cab for $299 as with the Blackheart....seems almost TOO good to be true.

I had a Blues Jr. years ago, and although a good amp..the cab just produced a really boxy sound that you don't get with a larger cab.

Has anyone tried these or heard anything about them?? I'd keep it clean and use my ME-50 for distortion tones.

scgmhawk
June 30th, 2008, 11:48 AM
The reviews have really been great and Blackheart is a marketing machine that has created alot of buzz. I've been thinking the same thing -- about a 5watt tube amp stack and have also read very positive feedback about the Epi Valve Jr. Version 3. I need to play them though as I never have. It just seems that the Blackhearts are always sold out.

Spudman
June 30th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure if you have searched the forum yet but there are quite a few posts you might want to read if you need more information.

http://www.thefret.net/search.php?searchid=191713