PDA

View Full Version : A slice of Fender Stratocaster cake anyone?

kipper
June 29th, 2008, 10:50 AM
It was my birthday recently...my wife surprised me with this, an officially licensed Fender Stratocaster cake! Looks pretty cool eh? Tastes nice too...

tot_Ou_tard
June 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Is the icing swamp ash or alder? :D

SuperSwede
June 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Nice! I hope that it wasnt a "vintage" cake.. :D

just strum
June 29th, 2008, 02:57 PM
It was my birthday recently...my wife surprised me with this, an officially licensed Fender Stratocaster cake! Looks pretty cool eh? Tastes nice too...

Well, a belated happy birthday, it would be good to know a little more about you. You should take a stop over at the Fret Players section and formally introduce yourself and maybe you can tell us if you are a relative of Leo's.

Looking forward to hearing more about you

Until then, welcome.

kipper
June 29th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Is the icing swamp ash or alder? :D

Not sure, but it tasted really nice...especially with some ice cream on the side :)

kipper
June 29th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Nice! I hope that it wasnt a "vintage" cake.. :D

No, thankfully it was a modern one!

kipper
June 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Well, a belated happy birthday, it would be good to know a little more about you. You should take a stop over at the Fret Players section and formally introduce yourself and maybe you can tell us if you are a relative of Leo's.

Looking forward to hearing more about you

Until then, welcome.

Well Strum, I will do that for sure. I'm new to the forum, although one or two members (notably TS808) will know me from the Valvetronix forum. I still hang out there from time to time, even though I ditched my V'x amp for a Fender Hot Rod. Voxman & co over there haven't banned me yet :D

I'm no relation of Leo's (unfortunately). This forum seems like a pretty cool place to hang out and hopefully I'll become a regular poster here.

just strum
June 29th, 2008, 03:50 PM
...hopefully I'll become a regular poster here.

So do we.

oldguy
June 29th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Well, happy b'day kipper, and a nice looking cake it is (was?), too.:AOK:
When you get your intro posted you'll get lots of big welcomes, hang around and post often, we like Fender amphs here also, BTW. :D

tot_Ou_tard
June 29th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Well Strum, I will do that for sure. I'm new to the forum, although one or two members (notably TS808) will know me from the Valvetronix forum. I still hang out there from time to time, even though I ditched my V'x amp for a Fender Hot Rod. Voxman & co over there haven't banned me yet :D

I'm no relation of Leo's (unfortunately). This forum seems like a pretty cool place to hang out and hopefully I'll become a regular poster here.
Vood & I both found our way here via patchtronix.net. I haven't been back much since. Voxman is very helpful.

just strum
June 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Well Strum, I will do that for sure. I'm new to the forum, although one or two members (notably TS808) will know me from the Valvetronix forum.

I was just there last night and this morning. I signed up sometime back, but it was so long I couldn't remember my sign on and password. I was checking out blues settings and found a couple that I like.

What made you ditch the Vox and get the Fender?

kipper
June 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
What made you ditch the Vox and get the Fender?

Bottom line: Inconsistent QC with the Valvetronix amps. And when I heard a HRD I just had to buy one!

You can read more about it here:

http://valvetronix.net/forum/goodbye-ad50vt-hello-fender-hot-rod-deluxe-vt1823.html

just strum
June 29th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Bottom line: Inconsistent QC with the Valvetronix amps. And when I heard a HRD I just had to buy one!

You can read more about it here:

http://valvetronix.net/forum/goodbye-ad50vt-hello-fender-hot-rod-deluxe-vt1823.html

Well, I like my AD30VT, but I can't argue with your reasoning.