PDA

View Full Version : Relax Blues Jipes and his Duolian

Jipes
June 30th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Hello Fretters a small clip of my Old Duolian that I just bought three weeks ago. This tune is inspired by the great Mississipi Fred Mc Dowell

Enjoy and tell me what you think of it ;)
7rY3aXFIWV0

sunvalleylaw
June 30th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I like that very much! Nice playing and nice to see you. That is some nice roots music you have going there. I am enjoying it as I wake up for the day over here in the states. :AOK:

warren0728
June 30th, 2008, 07:35 AM
loving it! :bravo: what tuning are you using and what type of slide is that....just curious :whatever:

again....really nice job! :beer:

ww

helliott
June 30th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Love the guitar, slide, tone, song -- hey -- everything. Nice piece of playing. Very cool. Thanks for sharing this. Is that a kind of resonator guitar?

mrmudcat
June 30th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Oh yea ...............got me thinking of front porches and ice tea in mason jars..........oh how I miss dixie:master:

tot_Ou_tard
June 30th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Fantastique!

I love resonators played with a slide.

...I gotta get me one.

As always, you're playing is superb Jipes.

Jipes
July 1st, 2008, 03:25 AM
I like that very much! Nice playing and nice to see you. That is some nice roots music you have going there. I am enjoying it as I wake up for the day over here in the states. :AOK:

Thanks a lot happy to make your day starting well ;)

Jipes
July 1st, 2008, 03:26 AM
loving it! :bravo: what tuning are you using and what type of slide is that....just curious :whatever:

again....really nice job! :beer:

ww

Thanks I use many different open tunings but this one is the Open D and my slide is a little Brass tube

Jipes
July 1st, 2008, 03:28 AM
Love the guitar, slide, tone, song -- hey -- everything. Nice piece of playing. Very cool. Thanks for sharing this. Is that a kind of resonator guitar?

Thanks Helliott this is a National Duolian resonator guitar it's an old lady from 1932 and it's a biscuit system as opposite of the Spider from the late Dobro guitars.

the main difference is that the cone is upside down in the Dobro compared to the National biscuit type

Jipes
July 1st, 2008, 03:30 AM
Oh yea ...............got me thinking of front porches and ice tea in mason jars..........oh how I miss dixie:master:

Thanks Mudcat ;)

Fantastique!

I love resonators played with a slide.

...I gotta get me one.

As always, you're playing is superb Jipes.

Tot ou Tard thanks a lot They are also very nice for fingerpicking but you have to deal with the high action ;)

tot_Ou_tard
July 1st, 2008, 06:08 AM
Tot ou Tard thanks a lot They are also very nice for fingerpicking but you have to deal with the high action ;)
Yeah & that weird bridgey-thingy that makes palm muting impossible.

SuperSwede
July 1st, 2008, 08:26 AM
Wow! Its sounds great Jipes!

I love old National instruments :)

Jipes
July 1st, 2008, 08:35 AM
Wow! Its sounds great Jipes!

I love old National instruments :)

Thanks SuperSwede it's a wonderful instrument and the Ducco finish is amazing
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2333/cool1043sq8.jpg

FrankAxtell
July 2nd, 2008, 07:07 AM
excellent!:D

Robert
July 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Sweet! You play slide really well. Good tune there.

markb
July 2nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Great stuff!

sumitomo
July 2nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Great job Jipes,Your playing is getting me all ready for fri night gunna go see Kenny Neal this will be the second time I've seen him and on the 4th of July again too!:bravo::AOK: Sumi:D

marnold
July 2nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
I finally got around to listening and that's really nice, Jipes! There's something special about the sound of a resonator. I really enjoyed it.

Jipes
July 3rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
excellent!:D

Thanks Frank !

Sweet! You play slide really well. Good tune there.

Thanks Robert, I like to play slide my main influence being Ry Cooder and Kelly Joe Phelps but I tend to do lot more fingerpicking tune in thoses days

Jipes
July 3rd, 2008, 02:19 AM
Great job Jipes,Your playing is getting me all ready for fri night gunna go see Kenny Neal this will be the second time I've seen him and on the 4th of July again too!:bravo::AOK: Sumi:D

I wish you a good time Kenny Neal is a great player and I love his beat up Telecaster

I finally got around to listening and that's really nice, Jipes! There's something special about the sound of a resonator. I really enjoyed it.

Thoses resonators guitar really have a "soul" and believe it or not but all have a different and unique "voice" . I try another National guitar in RF Charles Vintage used Shop (BTW a great adress for old acoustics: Martin, Gibson, National...). It was a Triolian with a bakelite neck but the sound was closer to a Banjo really amazing if you consider that both the body and the resonator are exactly build up the same way :thwap: :D

If you want to discover more about those amazing instruments check out the Chris Whitley records specially Dirt Floor its' really inspiring music and he used mainly Resonator guitars

Jipes
July 3rd, 2008, 02:20 AM
Great stuff!

Thanks a lot :AOK:

333maxwell
July 5th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Hello Fretters a small clip of my Old Duolian that I just bought three weeks ago. This tune is inspired by the great Mississipi Fred Mc Dowell

Enjoy and tell me what you think of it ;)
7rY3aXFIWV0
Perfect.

tjcurtin1
July 5th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Loverly, Jipes! Thanks! What a great sound, and really nice playing.

Jipes
July 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Loverly, Jipes! Thanks! What a great sound, and really nice playing.
Thanks to you Maxwell and TJ Curtin glad you liked it :AOK:

Vihar
July 7th, 2008, 11:31 AM
WOW. Just checked this one out. You have it all together; the playing, the tune, the sound... amazing!

Jipes
July 29th, 2008, 11:40 AM
WOW. Just checked this one out. You have it all together; the playing, the tune, the sound... amazing!

Thanks Vihar :AOK: (sorry to be late for the reply I was on vacation)

tot_Ou_tard
July 29th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks Vihar :AOK: (sorry to be late for the reply I was on vacation)
But you last replied on July seventh...that's only 3 weeks ago.

Are you *sure* that you're French? ;)

Jipes
July 30th, 2008, 04:48 AM
But you last replied on July seventh...that's only 3 weeks ago.

Are you *sure* that you're French? ;)

Oh Yes I'm damn sure I'm french :rotflmao: :dude:

aeolian
August 6th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Wonderful!

Jipes
August 6th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Wonderful!
Thanks Aeolian :)