PDA

View Full Version : Forgive a proud father's bragging....

duhvoodooman
June 30th, 2008, 09:58 AM
My daughter graduated from high school yesterday, which is cause enough for celebration for a parent. But she not only graduated "with highest honors", but actually finished first in her class of 480 kids! She has that unbeatable combination of innate intelligence and a high degree of self-motivation, and it has shown in her achievements throughout her schooling. Her final report card came in the mail on Saturday, and she finished her senior year with final grades consisting of nothing but 99's and 100's! Just an incredible student! For her four years of high school, her cumulative average was in excess of 99. As you can tell, I'm just a tad proud of her.

Incidentally, she is also quite the musician--W-A-A-A-Y better than her old man!!--and has won state-level honors for her vocal (soprano) abilities and prowess on the viola. She won the award for outstanding orchestral student in her class, and received quite an honor at the graduation ceremony yesterday. She was chosen to conduct one of the HS orchestra's feature pieces at the ceremony--the first movement of Mozart's Symphony #25 in G minor--and she did (naturally!) a fabulous job.

So you'll please excuse me now while I hunt around on the floor for the buttons that have been popping off my shirt as I've been typing this....

warren0728
June 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
that's great vood....nothing more satisfying than seeing our kids excel at things they try!! :bravo: :beer:

ww

ted s
June 30th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Wow DVM ! those are some amazing fantastic achievements !
Congratulation to her and you as the fortunate father !
She's going to go far, good thing for you in your old age ! :poke:

aeolian
June 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
DVM, you have the right to be proud. Growing up kids have so much distraction that it is rare to find a young one so motivated. Congratulations to her for her achievement and congratulations to you for doing a good job as a parent.

My daughter just finished 8th grade. She is one of 15 students who went through middle school with not only straight As but also had a perfect 4.0 for all 3 years. My wife and I are proud of her, we just hope that she can keep it up for 4 more years through high school.

Tone2TheBone
June 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Wow Voo congratulations that's awesome. Self motivated kids are hard to come by!

luvmyshiner
June 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
DVM, that is fantastic! Congrats to the proud Papa.:AOK:

M29
June 30th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Congratulations to your daughter and to your proud family :bravo:

M29

tot_Ou_tard
June 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Way cool! Way to go Voodette!

Did she score any great scholarships?

R_of_G
June 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Congrats to your daughter and your family! Best of luck to her in whatever path she chooses next.:AOK:

duhvoodooman
June 30th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Did she score any great scholarships?
Uh, yeah--you might say that! Full tuition, all four years, to a top university. I won't mention which one, with so many freaks & weirdos wandering around the internet, but you'd all know it quite well.... :AOK:

Guitar Gal
June 30th, 2008, 12:05 PM
That's awesome news DVM :dude:

You certainly have a right to be a "proud poppa"

GG

sunvalleylaw
June 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Congrats DVM! That is really great! Fantastic achievements. Aeolian, congrats to you and your daughter as well!

piebaldpython
June 30th, 2008, 01:31 PM
DVM........that is just awesome news and I couldn't be happier for you and your wife......oh yeah, and your daughter too....:rotflmao: .....good luck with college and the full ride she got.........good to know that you'll still have GAS money in your pocket.....:poke:

street music
June 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
DVM, that is fantastic, nothing wrong with bragging on that girl at all.:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Childbride
June 30th, 2008, 05:10 PM
DVM, that's wonderful! you have every right to be proud of her! she obviously worked very hard to get where she is! :D :AOK:

just strum
June 30th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hey DVM, great to hear. Full ride, wow that helps a lot!!!

SuperSwede
July 1st, 2008, 08:38 AM
Awesome new DVM, congrats!

duhvoodooman
July 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hey DVM, great to hear. Full ride, wow that helps a lot!!!
Sure does. No kidding & no exaggeration--I can probably retire two years earlier because of this, bless her little heart!

Tim
July 1st, 2008, 09:24 PM
Congrats Voodoo. Yep, kids can shock you. My youngest daughter drop out of school in the eleventh grade unknowing to the wife and I. She brought home terrible grades. Between the drinking and running around partying she was our little devil. No at 23 she is back in college after getting her GED and is acing all her classes including math, science, and English. I keep telling her see had it all the time. She just needed to apply then effort.

Tone2TheBone
July 1st, 2008, 09:36 PM
Congrats Voodoo. Yep, kids can shock you. My youngest daughter drop out of school in the eleventh grade unknowing to the wife and I. She brought home terrible grades. Between the drinking and running around partying she was our little devil. No at 23 she is back in college after getting her GED and is acing all her classes including math, science, and English. I keep telling her see had it all the time. She just needed to apply then effort.

Timmy great story. I applaud Voo's daughter and yours and also the preseverance of supporting and loving parents.

sunvalleylaw
July 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM
Timmy great story. I applaud Voo's daughter and yours and also the preseverance of supporting and loving parents.

+1 :AOK:

Robert
July 2nd, 2008, 07:27 AM
Congrats! That's some accomplishment.

Our 14 and 17 year-olds both have gotten honours every year in school, and the 14 year-old has won the Merit award (the highest award they have) and Athlete of the Year for 3 years straight, so I'm mighty proud too.