PDA

View Full Version : what shoes do you wear?

pes_laul
June 30th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Well right now I have basicily no shoes lol. I'm getting some converse all star hi tops in 2 weeks though.

converse's are the coolest:dude:

tot_Ou_tard
June 30th, 2008, 10:43 AM
You need crocs on the list for Sunvalley Kris.

just strum
June 30th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Reaboks

Rocket
June 30th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Bearfeet mostly... whenever I can get away with it.

Rockport Prowalker for all standing gigs:
http://www.zappos.com/images/118/118989/6628-499071-p.jpg

pes_laul
June 30th, 2008, 11:21 AM
You need crocs on the list for Sunvalley Kris.
oops sorry Sunvalley didn't even think the list through.:thwap:

sunvalleylaw
June 30th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Here is what I wear:

Not ski season:

1. Casual or dress work shoes all day.
2. Crocs (of course)
3. Nike cycling shoes.
4. Vans "TNT" skate shoes to wear around or to skate with the kids.
5. Saucony runners for running or for just wearing around after a pair is worn out, or to mow the lawn etc.
6. I just got a pair of Reef flip flops with a bottle opener installed in the sole for Father's day, so those go on the list for beach wear.
7. I also work into the mix my slip on old school vans, Dogtown navy blue, just for fun.

Winter:

1. same as above
2. Ski Boots.
3. XC skate boots.
4. Crocs around the house. So comfortable.
5. Salomon snow clogs for general getting about.
6. Running shoes sometimes for a run.
7. Sorels for bigger snow excursions where it is going to be deeper.

aeolian
June 30th, 2008, 01:24 PM
just got a pair of Reef flip flops with a bottle opener installed in the sole for Father's day.

What will they think of next!?

May all your beer come with twist off bottle caps.

Spudman
June 30th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Bearfeet mostly... whenever I can get away with it.

Rockport Prowalker for all standing gigs:
http://www.zappos.com/images/118/118989/6628-499071-p.jpg

Bearfeet? You are going to have a hard time fitting into Rockports then.:D Besides...shouldn't those have Velcro closures?:rotflmao:

Brian Krashpad
June 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I voted for Converse, sandals, and boots.

Right this instant, I'm wearing slaps, which I guess are a form of sandals. Being in Florida, I can wear slaps at least 6 months a year, if not 8. If it's colder or there might be conditions where my feet would get dirty in slaps, most often I wear Converse. I have 2 pair in black, and had pairs in blue, green, and red, but one of those last 3 pairs is missing (might have thrown them out from wear).

For some gigs I wear boots, either for added foot protection, a little extra height (in one band in particular, the lead singer is about a foot taller than I), for the fashion statement aspect, or some combination of all three. I have several pair, some nice Doc Martens, some engineer boots that need to be re-soled, and some East German army surplus officer's boots.

just strum
June 30th, 2008, 03:33 PM
If you wear sandals in the Cleveland area chance are you will get the crap beat out of ya. Definitely not sandal country.

Childbride
June 30th, 2008, 05:25 PM
dress shoes for work
reeboks for walking
tevas for the beach
lucchese boots when just being texan...

sunvalleylaw
June 30th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I have one pair of cowboy boots I have had for years, some black Tony Lamas. Those are pretty much tourist boots, I bet, by Texas standards. ;-)

Childbride
June 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I have one pair of cowboy boots I have had for years, some black Tony Lamas. Those are pretty much tourist boots, I bet, by Texas standards. ;-)

http://www.tonylama.com/life/default.asp

nope. see a lot of those here, as well as Ropers and... well, depending on WHERE in texas you are, you see a little bit of a lot. ;)

warren0728
June 30th, 2008, 05:36 PM
i only wear shoes if i have to (if i have to go see a client)....and rarely wear socks (but i do not own any crocs!!)!

slip-ons for the most part >>> merrill, clarks and converse

nike air jordans when i play basketball with the boy

ww

Squireman131
July 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
just got myself a pair of mandals, wear modded converse for hacky-sacking. flip flops some times. boots when i go in the woods... or hunting

Katastrophe
July 3rd, 2008, 09:26 AM
If you wear sandals in the Cleveland area chance are you will get the crap beat out of ya. Definitely not sandal country.

Do they really need a reason to beat the crap out of people in Cleveland???:poke:

I wear dress shoes during the day, and I have a beat up pair of New Balance shoes for yard work and around the house.

Mainly, I wear Rocket Dog shoes when not working. They are comfy, well made and inexpensive.

I refuse to pay today's prices for a pair of running shoes, as I don't go running often, and even then not without proper motivation.

I do own a pair of Justin lace-up ropers (frilly tags removed, thank you) that are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. They are expensive though.

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Mainly, I wear Rocket Dog shoes when not working. They are comfy, well made and inexpensive.
Never heard of those but I'd buy em for the name alone... now I gotta Google a source!

Katastrophe
July 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
I got mine at Shoe Carnival at a discount... They are sort of similar to the Converse style of sneaker, but made with different material. Mine are brown corduroy, and look cool to me!

Spudman
July 3rd, 2008, 10:40 AM
This time of year when I'm not packing stuff around I usually have on some Columbia sandals. Otherwise, a light hiker when doing work and a running shoe for mobility and style when I have to actually have clothes on.

thearabianmage
July 3rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Magnum's. 4 years and going. May switch to Doc Martin's or Red Wings, but boots are the way, in any case. Will wear the occasional pair of Airwalk's or general 'skateboarding' shoe (they have loads of padding and are very comfy - but fall apart quickly)

rkwrenn
July 4th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Voted 'Other'.

During warm weather I just go barefoot. I wear topsiders everywhere else unless I am working in the yard and then it's boots.

When it's cold I put on some warm socks for around the house and go with boots for outside.

So I own 4 pair shoes - topsiders, rockport walking shoes, rockport ankle boots and herman survivor heavy boots. My wife, on the other hand, has about 9,000 pairs of shoes (er - footwear). And I am quite certain she can name some specific use for each pair.

Cheers,

Bob

Jimi75
July 4th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Casual: Timberland Classic 3-eye Boat Shoe

http://www.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3041146&cp=1779791.1761081.1761135.1770276&parentPage=family

Casual/Sportive: Puma sneakers only and a lot of them.

Sports: Adidas

Gigs: Beige/Grey Buckskin Cowboyboots

rkwrenn
July 4th, 2008, 06:14 AM

http://www.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3041146&cp=1779791.1761081.1761135.1770276&parentPage=family

WOW!!! Me likey!!!

Cheers,

Bob

robert_the_rocker
July 20th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I just wear flip flops and some boots I got at a yard sale. Need some vans.\
:deadhorse:

player
July 20th, 2008, 12:41 PM
most of the time for relaxation I wear moccasins when possible. for a gym shoe I wear Etonics(they're really light).have and wear dress casuals too when necessary(slip ons). for comfort and good looking shoes those would be SAS(absolute comfort).danciing,formal,gigs,etc,but they are pricey and worth it.if going in the hills in these parts it is hiking boots.if doing something like yard work,lawn,etc it is sneakers with a flat bottom that clay can be washed off Or if needed thrown in the wash being made of canvas.that is five pairs altogether but will admit the boots do not see as much action except maybe winter here.(then it's maybe).
the gym shoes suffice most of the time(mild winters here).

all that is going to change once a move back to Florida is made.
then the lineup will be absolutely different as in bare feet or socks most of the time :D then gyms for the most part as needed.always good to have casuals and dress around.
oh yes other was voted obviously

Brian Krashpad
July 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM

Yikes!

In the States, this would get you branded a "Yuppie." Don't know if that translates at all, but, fair warning.

street music
July 20th, 2008, 04:57 PM
On work days I wear Lacrosse Snake boots, golfing FootJoys, Rockports most of time unless we are going out to club then the cowboy boots come out and show themself.

PAPPY
July 21st, 2008, 08:30 AM
For everyday it's Roper boots, for dress it's a New Pair of Roper boots;Tony Lama;Justin; depends on the mood I'm in plus the occassion. For hunting it's Lacrosse Snake boots with the waterproof pull ups that reach to the groin area( I've had two different rattlesnake hang on them at about knee height so) I rarely leave home without them.

I also have a pair of hand made boots that's 45 years old that I had custom made with spurs mounted to the heels, they haven't seen any wear in fifteen years but once were an important tool for the work I did. Telling about them sure brings back a lot of memories(good and bad).