PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried one of the new Bugeras??

duhvoodooman
June 30th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I read some pretty good things about the new Bugera (made by Behringer) 333-212 and 6262-212 combo models in the new edition (Aug.) of Guitar Player magazine. 120 all-tube watts for each, and they both street for only $649 here in the US. The 333 is more metal/shred-focused and has 3 channels, while the 6262 sports only two, but adds a "Crunch" button for the Clean channel and a Presence control. Both have an effects loop and a high-quality reverb. They'll also run on either 6L6 or EL34 power tubes with the flip of a bias switch. The speakers are Bugera branded; don't know who makes them. There are head versions of each model available, too, and also a couple of slightly cheaper models with a couple less features.

About the only negatives mentioned were less than earth-shaking bass (probably not an issue for any but the drop-D crowd) and a bit of preamp background sizzle evident at low volumes. (Then again, low volume isn't the point with amps like these!) A photo of the inside of the chassis showed very impressive looking build quality, but you never know 'til you run 'em a while.

Anyway, W-A-A-A-Y too much amp for the home-playing likes of me, but they look like a heckuva value for the budget-minded gigger who needs some major wattage.

sumitomo
June 30th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a cool amph,but man they can come up with a better name than that sounds like someone was picking their nose or something.Sumi:D

TS808
July 3rd, 2008, 06:30 AM
There is a thread on the gearpage.net about Bugera amps. Everyone who has tried them has raved about how good they sound, and it's not even a "boo-teek" amp.

duhvoodooman
July 3rd, 2008, 06:48 AM
Yeah, if I needed big wattage in a tube amp and didn't have mucho dinero to spend, these would be among he first I'd check out. They look like quite the value!

Robert
July 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Sounds like an overkill amph for me. But metalheads should take a look if they need an amph.

warren0728
July 3rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
now that i'm in a condo....it's all low wattage amphs for me...might sell my peavey classic 20 (although i love how it sounds...it will piss of the neighbors to play it at the volume it wants to be played) :thwap:

ww

Jimi75
July 3rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Sounds like an overkill amph for me. But metalheads should take a look if they need an amph.

You taklin to me.......you talkin to me????

:rotflmao:

I will take a look at this amp for my metal band and safe the Robert DeNiro parodies for later...

marnold
July 3rd, 2008, 08:43 AM
But metalheads should take a look if they need an amph.
Huh? What? You rang?

duhvoodooman
July 3rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
But metalheads should take a look if they need an amph.
Huh? What? You rang?
Hey, Marnold! I can just visualize the altar at your church some upcoming Sunday morning. Your upgraded Floyd Rose plugged into the Lead channel on one of those 333-212's and you AMAZING the congregation by launching into your 80's metal adaptation of Luther's A Mighty Fortress while the ushers are taking the offering. DUDE!!! :rockon: :dude: :rockon:

marnold
July 3rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Hey, Marnold! I can just visualize the altar at your church some upcoming Sunday morning. Your upgraded Floyd Rose plugged into the Lead channel on one of those 333-212's and you AMAZING the congregation by launching into your 80's metal adaptation of Luther's A Mighty Fortress while the ushers are taking the offering. DUDE!!!
It's a little-known fact that Martin Luther invented sweep picking whilst playing his lute.

duhvoodooman
July 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
It's a little-known fact that Martin Luther invented sweep picking whilst playing his lute.
I'm happy to read that you're aware of that fact. Further, I assume as a Protestant clergyman, you're familiar with the true reason for the friction between Luther and Calvin. Their differing positions on the doctrines of consubstantiation, predestination and election aside, the real issue was Luther's insistence on the superiority of sweep picking for lute shredding vs. Calvin's dedication to two-handed tapping, some 400+ years before the technique was popularized by Eddie Van Halen....

Algonquin
July 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
DOOH! :thwap:
I thought this was a BBQ thread :drool:

marnold
July 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
I'm happy to read that you're aware of that fact. Further, I assume as a Protestant clergyman, you're familiar with the true reason for the friction between Luther and Calvin. Their differing positions on the doctrines of consubstantiation, predestination and election aside, the real issue was Luther's insistence on the superiority of sweep picking for lute shredding vs. Calvin's dedication to two-handed tapping, some 400+ years before the technique was popularized by Eddie Van Halen....
Ahh, some finely crafted Protestant humor. Actually it's refreshing to find someone who knows enough about Reformation history to make a joke about it!

Ascension
July 4th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Ahh, some finely crafted Protestant humor. Actually it's refreshing to find someone who knows enough about Reformation history to make a joke about it!
What is more refreshing is that joke came from a MOD;) !!! Most boards I am on if there is any mention of religious affiliation even in jest and its :punch: :nono:. So :AOK: !
Now back to the topic yes I have played most of the Bulgera models and find them impressive for the $.
Now I would not dream of giving up my Fender Custom Shop Prosonics for one in the studio. On the other hand I have thought about picking up one of the heads as an inexpensive rig to just leave at my Church.
These seem to be a terrific bang for the $!!

Ascension
July 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hey, Marnold! I can just visualize the altar at your church some upcoming Sunday morning. Your upgraded Floyd Rose plugged into the Lead channel on one of those 333-212's and you AMAZING the congregation by launching into your 80's metal adaptation of Luther's A Mighty Fortress while the ushers are taking the offering. DUDE!!! :rockon: :dude: :rockon:
Now THAT sounds like something I would pull! I played THIS in three different Churches for worship gigs last week:rockon:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/rutledri/DSC00799.jpg
Through these
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/rutledri/DSC00820.jpg
here is a clip playing guitar with Hope Reeder of Morning Star using the Red Prosonic head I bought from Brad Whitford of Aerosmith.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=809752&content=songinfo&songID=6658240
Or Kent Henry using the Black head through the 4/12.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=439224&songID=4142009