PDA

View Full Version : Help with backing track?

M29
June 30th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am trying to put together a backing track to jam to of a Fleetwood Mac song called (Like it this way). Here is a tube of it I am sure you all are familiar with it.

HQ8AcEYTEFY&feature=related

I have a basic drum line I built from Beatcraft and I don't know much about bass yet but I have a bass to put a bass line in. Can someone help me with a tab or something so I can put a bass line like John Mcvie is playing, I know this is a pretty basic line but I don't know how to play it. I can see a little bit of it in the video but not enough for me to catch on to.

Thank you for your time and help.

M29

stingx
July 1st, 2008, 06:22 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am trying to put together a backing track to jam to of a Fleetwood Mac song called (Like it this way). Here is a tube of it I am sure you all are familiar with it.

I have a basic drum line I built from Beatcraft and I don't know much about bass yet but I have a bass to put a bass line in. Can someone help me with a tab or something so I can put a bass line like John Mcvie is playing, I know this is a pretty basic line but I don't know how to play it. I can see a little bit of it in the video but not enough for me to catch on to.

M29

I would suggest finding a very good midi of the tune and then using FL Studio to remove the tracks you wish to play and then use high quality soundfonts for the remaining midi tracks. Far easier than building from scratch and sounds great (depending on how good your soundfonts are).

I will do a post in soon when I have more time and I will share all my soundfonts and tutorials on building great backing tracks with FL Studio.

Jipes
July 1st, 2008, 06:34 AM
Hello,

M29

I would be very happy to help you but I'm awful with a rythmn box Sorry :confused:

But what I could say is that you choose a great song I always love that Danny Kirwan stuff you might also check Jigsaw Puzzle Blues whch is a lovely tune to learn ;)

M29
July 1st, 2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks guys I will look into that.

M29