PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy an RG that looked like this?

stingx
July 1st, 2008, 06:54 AM
Well, would you?

Rocket
July 1st, 2008, 06:57 AM
Depends on how it plays... not how it looks.

Lev
July 1st, 2008, 07:16 AM
I think it looks fine, if it plays & sounds great and the price is right then go for it!

I recently bought a guitar that I don't particularly like the look of but fell in love with it's tone and playability - and I've no regrets!!

Spudman
July 1st, 2008, 08:00 AM
That looks good to me. It reminds me more of an RT than an RG though.

SuperSwede
July 1st, 2008, 08:20 AM
Absolutely.. :AOK:

hubberjub
July 1st, 2008, 08:26 AM
It looks better than most RGs that I have seen.

Katastrophe
July 1st, 2008, 08:36 AM
Slap a hardtail bridge on there, with a maple fretboard and a chunkier neck than Ibanez is known for and yes, I'd buy it!:D

pes_laul
July 1st, 2008, 09:15 AM
I like the looks of it but in nit picky mode I would want it to have a humbucker at neck and a 5-way switch:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
July 1st, 2008, 09:58 AM
I like the looks of it. Me being me, I would buy more "old standard" guitars first, but if I was in the market, I definitely like that look. I love the finish.

scgmhawk
July 1st, 2008, 10:00 AM
I think it's a good looking guitar. Not sure I like the pickguard but that can always be changed. I have an Ibanez and I think they make good quality, well-priced guitars.

pes_laul
July 1st, 2008, 10:36 AM
I think it's a good looking guitar. Not sure I like the pickguard but that can always be changed. I have an Ibanez and I think they make good quality, well-priced guitars.
I know my ibanez S plays and sounds great for the money:AOK:

just strum
July 1st, 2008, 10:38 AM
I don't like the looks, so I wouldn't pick it up to hear and feel how it plays.

pes_laul
July 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
I don't like the looks, so I wouldn't pick it up to hear and feel how it plays.
arn't we picky:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

just strum
July 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
arn't we picky:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just being honest - I see skin tights and chains when I look a that guitar.

Not for my taste, but hey it's obviously popular or there wouldn't be so many around.

stingx
July 1st, 2008, 06:12 PM
I have a very plain...well compared to most, RG1570. I prefer the subtle, simple small dot inlays, etc. It is the most comfortable guitar in my entire collection. The neck is simply amazing on that guitar. I have other Ibanez guitars but none have the feel of that particular Wizard neck.

Now what I want to do is exactly what this guy did with the body:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z8/ibanezgitarrero/RG2770C-MRB/versuch1RG.jpg

He added that cool looking transparent pickguard. Pay no attention to the neck, he swapped the 1570 neck for one from a 2550Z. I also like the knobs as they provide a nice visual contrast.

Now back to what the first few responders to the post mentioned...playability over looks. I couldn't agree more but, to quote Fernando Llamas "It's better to look good than to feel good." :rotflmao:

My guitars are still in my collection because they are all players. The icing on the cake is they are all sexy mofos too!

Tone E
July 1st, 2008, 07:07 PM
Aesthetics can be important I think.
If something doesn't look good to you or fit your image you are not going to feel good playing it and less likely to want to play/practice at all.
That guitar is waaaaay too modern for my tastes but I can certainly see why others would like it.

pes_laul
July 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM
I have a very plain...well compared to most, RG1570. I prefer the subtle, simple small dot inlays, etc. It is the most comfortable guitar in my entire collection. The neck is simply amazing on that guitar. I have other Ibanez guitars but none have the feel of that particular Wizard neck.

Now what I want to do is exactly what this guy did with the body:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z8/ibanezgitarrero/RG2770C-MRB/versuch1RG.jpg

He added that cool looking transparent pickguard. Pay no attention to the neck, he swapped the 1570 neck for one from a 2550Z. I also like the knobs as they provide a nice visual contrast.

Now back to what the first few responders to the post mentioned...playability over looks. I couldn't agree more but, to quote Fernando Llamas "It's better to look good than to feel good." :rotflmao:

My guitars are still in my collection because they are all players. The icing on the cake is they are all sexy mofos too!

:drool: man I thought my guitar had a nice finish on it!