PDA

View Full Version : I've found my way back with a new song..

333maxwell
July 1st, 2008, 11:31 AM
Hey gang.. i've been away from home for an extended stay and am finaly back, just unpacked the gear and have started to tinker again.

I just wrote and finished recording this one yesterday and would love any thoughts I could get from anyone who wants to take the time and ear to mustre their way through it.

In the meantime I am going to get back in and around and talking to my old friends here, I never forget I just get 'out of the loop' now and then.

Be gentle, remember, I have low budget gear, cheap malt liquor and am deaf in one ear.

What
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6678738&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6678738&q=hi

Spudman
July 1st, 2008, 12:31 PM
Sounds very nice and welcome back.

My first thought is to add some presence to the chorus vocals by slightly boosting 2-3K freq. Also pan the slide guitar farther right and move the vocals around some so that they stand out in the stereo spectrum more.

I like this track a lot. The instrumentation fits the mood very well. Bravo.:bravo:

Jimi75
July 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM
Welcome back!

I like the harmonies you used. Sounds exciting to my ears. Your vocals sound great ,too but try to apply Spuds suggestions, this will make the track sound even better than it already is!

:bravo:

helliott
July 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
Agree with the first two comments. Song is great. Arrangement is like bleak Beatles late era for today's climate. Very cool, harmonies. Some more separation between various vocals and the instruments would help maximize the song.

Jipes
July 2nd, 2008, 06:34 AM
Hey gang.. i've been away from home for an extended stay and am finaly back, just unpacked the gear and have started to tinker again.

I just wrote and finished recording this one yesterday and would love any thoughts I could get from anyone who wants to take the time and ear to mustre their way through it.

In the meantime I am going to get back in and around and talking to my old friends here, I never forget I just get 'out of the loop' now and then.

Be gentle, remember, I have low budget gear, cheap malt liquor and am deaf in one ear.

What
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6678738&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6678738&q=hi

Great song, I like first of all your voice it sounds a bit like Tom Petty, great melody and nice chords. I like this horn part in the "refrain" it sounds a bit like some Chicago numbers :AOK: I like the lead guitar in the beginning nice mellow sound

The rythmn part is for my taste the weak part but hey that's not easy to achieve a great sound with a rythmn box ;)

tot_Ou_tard
July 2nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Nice to see you back Maxwell with another great song.

...but how do you really feel about the rain? ;)

Robert
July 2nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
Good song Maxwell, welcome back!

333maxwell
July 2nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Spudman, Jimi, Helliot, Jipes, Robert, Tot_ou_tard,

Thanks gang.. appreciate it.. goode to see you all again.

As for EQ, i'll give it a shot.. i've never messed with EQ any as I am fairly ignorant of it.. like a big 8 headed monster I have no clue what to do with. Pretty much everything you hear on my stuff is exactly like it went in except for volume and reverbs etc... I'll work on it..

Tot_ , as for the #@%^'ng rain.. well.. I needed a word that fit.. it seemed to be the one.. *L*.. I promise it is not part of a pattern, you wont find many expletives in my stuff unless I feel it has a rightful place.. *G*

Thanks again everyone..

Cheap_Gear
August 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM
When I click on either of those links MediaPlayer can't play them. I have an account on SoundClicks . How do I play those mp3s ?

sunvalleylaw
August 21st, 2008, 11:28 PM
I missed this one. Sounds nice! Always good to hear your creative stuff!

hagarfreak33
September 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM
cool song-:bravo:

Carlström
September 23rd, 2008, 04:01 AM
Cool song, i dig it.

My suggestion is actually the opposite to the others, i don't want to boost the chorus vox but instead i want to decrease the presence of the verse vox, i think they are tad too high in the mix. And also a dehisser on the vox tracks would make it even better. But i havn't listened through monitors on it yet so no absolute truth (never is with music)