PDA

View Full Version : **Ibanez Bass Recall!!!**

r_a_smith3530
May 10th, 2006, 10:16 PM
If you own a recent Ibanez Bass, follow the link below to the recall site. There is a fire hazard in certain bass guitars made in 2005 and 2006.

CPSC Recall Site (http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06161.html)

Spudman
May 11th, 2006, 07:43 AM
If Gene Simmons had one of these he'd be stylin' all the way like his buddy Ace. An exploding fire bass. So cool!

I've never heard of a 9 volt battery causing a fire in anything. Are you hoodwinking us? It's not April anymore.

r_a_smith3530
May 11th, 2006, 10:10 PM
That isn't a hoodwink Spud, it's the real deal. The CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) is a government agency (as the dot GOV in the URL will identify). They say that this can cause a potetial fire hazard, though to date, no one has been hurt.

A fire, any fire, needs three things; ignition (the battery box), fuel (the kiln-dried wood body), and oxygen (the air you're suckin' in right now). I've seen a number of fires (over twenty-five) that started with just three more volts, so I find it plausible that a fire could start off of nine.

ray82609
May 12th, 2006, 10:57 AM
While I agree that a 9 volt battery is so wimpy that it can hardly start a fire, this is for real.
-Ray