PDA

View Full Version : Would you respond to this ad if you were searching for a drummer?

stingx
July 2nd, 2008, 12:16 PM
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/muc/736859305.html

hmmmm...:pancake:

Algonquin
July 2nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Hmmm... sure has lot's of demands for someone looking for a job.

Gil Janus
July 2nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Sounds like he belongs in Spinal Tap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_Tap) - they could always use another explosive drummer :AOK:

Rock On :dude: :rockon: :R :DR

Gil :cool:

Spudman
July 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
If I had a project going and needed a drummer I would call him for a tryout surely. If he farts while I'm talking then down the road he goes though.

tjcurtin1
July 2nd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Somewhere in there it says he comes with no ego - but then I saw the title of his listing...

just strum
July 2nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
Somewhere in there it says he comes with no ego - but then I saw the title of his listing...

He's a drummer, what do ya expect. Have you ever heard a group talk about a current or past drummer - they can be odd and I think most are admittidly odd.

My opinion is if you play in a rock band, you have to have a bit of an ego or maybe it's self confidence that is sometimes mistaken as ego.

As for the question, if the music I was playing fit his talents and if he farted while Spud was talking - automatic raise!!!

Robert
July 2nd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Sure I would. Sounds like a serious guy.

sunvalleylaw
July 2nd, 2008, 10:14 PM
If I was a good enough player to be in a serious project I might try him out. He seems to have the confidence.

Spudman
July 2nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
As for the question, if the music I was playing fit his talents and if he farted while Spud was talking - automatic raise!!!

See now there is the difference between amateur and pro...why on earth would you even mention money to a drummer?

just strum
July 2nd, 2008, 10:54 PM
See now there is the difference between amateur and pro...why on earth would you even mention money to a drummer?

Geez, must be age, what the hell was I thinking?

Katastrophe
July 3rd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Tats? Check.

Rock N' Roll attitude? Check.

Purty drum set? Check.

Defined vision about his music? Check.

You know, I really don't care what he writes in the article, as long as:

1) He gets along with the other band members and is willing to contribute.

2) He's got the desire to play and enjoys playing, even at practice, and

3) He's got the ability to keep time and have some dynamics in his playing.

The only way to find out if he's got all that is to call him over for an audition with the other band members and hang out a while to see if there is potential.

A drummer once wanted to audition for a prior country band I was in. He had a lot of experience, and looked good on paper. He walks in carrying a LARGE mug o' beer, reeking of alcohol. He only brought his snare and a hi hat, stating that he didn't cart all his drums along until he knew he was going to get the gig. He told us during the audition that we were going to "hate to love him," and admitted that he was an a**h**e. He then proceded to tell me and the other guitar player that he was better than we were on guitar, but that we had "potential."

Uhhh.... Buh-Bye. We didn't call him back.