PDA

View Full Version : How does selling work on here?

Squireman131
July 3rd, 2008, 11:40 AM
i was just wondering because i would much rather sell a guitar to you guys then random ebay consumer.

mrmudcat
July 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Here:http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Not sure if Robert has set rules as to number of posts before being able to post in sales forum.(Any mod will know and they are all great):bravo:

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Any gear you have that you want to sell, trade or buy - here's your chance! You must have been a member for at least 30 days, with a minimum post count of 20 in order to post here.

Squireman131
July 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
ok i think i have the 30 days... sure felt like more than that. And do posts mean just commenting on other threads or being thread starters

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 01:34 PM
ok i think i have the 30 days... sure felt like more than that. And do posts mean just commenting on other threads or being thread starters

I think the numbers below your avatar is what it is referring to.

Edit: In your case, below your name and you qualify.

Katastrophe
July 3rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
i was just wondering because i would much rather sell a guitar to you guys then random ebay consumer.

Here's the process, as best I can figure:

1. You post the item for sale.

2. Brian Krashpad says that he either has one in his arsenal, or is in the process of buying one off the 'Bay.

3. Strum drools, then beats the crap out of someone caught in Cleveland wearing sandals.

4. Strum buys the item you're selling, posting drool inducing photos on TheFret, making us all wish we had one.

5. We wait two weeks.

6. Strum puts the item up for sale at a fair price inducing more Fretter GAS.

7. The whole vicious cycle continues.:D :bravo: :beer:

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
Wow, that's pretty accurate.

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
Here's the process, as best I can figure:

1. You post the item for sale.

2. Brian Krashpad says that he either has one in his arsenal, or is in the process of buying one off the 'Bay.

3. Strum drools, then beats the crap out of someone caught in Cleveland wearing sandals.

4. Strum buys the item you're selling, posting drool inducing photos on TheFret, making us all wish we had one.

6. Strum puts the item up for sale at a fair price inducing more Fretter GAS.

7. The whole vicious cycle continues.:D :bravo: :beer:
5. Strum overdrives while in altered state of consciousness then fragments into a weeping pile of prepubescent-girl pieces because new acquisition failed to automatically osmose magical "Clapton" abilities into him overnight.

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
5. Strum overdrives while in altered state of consciousness then fragments into a weeping pile of prepubescent-girl pieces because new acquisition failed to automatically osmose magical "Clapton" abilities into him overnight.

Just remember Rocket, I can tell you how many guitars I have without pausing to think what I recall seeing in various closets and rooms in my house or maybe at some off-site location. Clapton? I think I would set the bar a little higher if there was any chance it was possible. I learned when playing golf, the driver doesn't make you good, the practice you put behind the driver is what does it.

And I know, you were poking fun - so am I, at me and you.

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Just remember Rocket, I can tell you how many guitars I have without pausing to think what I recall seeing in various closets and rooms in my house or maybe at some off-site location. Clapton? I think I would set the bar a little higher if there was any chance it was possible. I learned when playing golf, the driver doesn't make you good, the practice you put behind the driver is what does it.

And I know, you were poking fun - so am I, at me and you.
Guilty as charged!... (What's golf?)

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
Guilty as charged!... (What's golf?)

Someday I'll make it down there or you can swing by on that trip to Michigan you may get around to and I'll explain golf and work to you. I assume you already have grasped that playing guitar is better, but I'll explain why and you will end up with some sleepless nights - it's really scary.

marnold
July 3rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
You forgot this one:

8. Profit!

Sorry for yet another South Park reference . . .

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
You forgot this one:

8. Profit!

Sorry for yet another South Park reference . . .

Breaking even is good, profit is better.