PDA

View Full Version : Rondo customers speak up

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
That Rondo Music seems to be a candy store!
Are all the Rondo customers 100% satisfied with their purchases?
What did you buy? Comments... good or bad?

marnold
July 3rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
I've never bought from them, but tons of people on the TalkBass forums have bought SX/Essex basses. I've heard next to no complaints about the service. Rather remarkable, actually.

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Rocket, isn't that the place Dreadman always use to talk about? If I recall he had a good relationship with the owner or manager. It may have been another place, just don't remember.

I have to get a hold of Dreadman and get him to post occasionally. I know http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/offtopic.gif

Robert
July 3rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
I have bought several guitars from there. Very good customer service. I got the wrong order once, but then I got free shipping on the next guitar, which saved me a lot of dough, since I'm in Canada.

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Rocket, isn't that the place Dreadman always use to talk about? If I recall he had a good relationship with the owner or manager. It may have been another place, just don't remember.
I think it was Squeent... he had a couple of Agiles from there.

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
I bought CB's strat from Rondo, and was very pleased with the service and the quality. The guitar shipped the same day I placed the order. I was expecting some quality issues based on the price, but there were none that I could find. No finish problems or blems, and it sounds great. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

sumitomo
July 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
You know Im happy with them,but Ill bet those Xaviere axes are nice also,I was really thinking about a semi-hollow tele.It just blows me away cause I have a Saga LP and its junk compaired to the strat I got form Rondo its almost as good as my 90's american strat plus.If you put in the cost for trem upgrade pup upgrade tuner upgrade you could be in for about 700.00 for a axe from Rondo with all those upgrades.And if you didnt like the guitar just hang it on the wall like a picture.Sumi

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
I bought CB's strat from Rondo, and was very pleased with the service and the quality.
Was that the SX(Essex) SST/LTD2 ?

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Yup that's it Rocket. CB posted pictures in this thread:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=7412

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
The reason I'm interested is:
Years & years ago I had a ratty old LP Junior(P90) that cost me about $50. I ended up losing it in a divorce and swore I would replace it as it was a great minimalist player and I really liked it. To replace it today would cost about $2200. I just can't bring myself to pork out 2K on a slab w/wraparound & a single P90... what's up with that???
Anyway... Rondo's SX GG1 SC 2TS is a dead ringer for $130. Seems like a win-win...

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Shoot Rocket, for that price go for it. If it sucks, find a woman you hate and give it to her. That way it'll be just like losing the first one.:beer:

ted s
July 3rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
ya, go for it Rocket, worst thing to happen, you change your mind a week after you get it, you can sell it to Strum ! :poke:

jasongins
July 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
I have purchased three guitars from rondo - 2 SX guitars, and one Agile. The first SX was a STL Ash tele style guitar. Great looking, nice materials, but there were quite a few assembly flaws - high frets causing notes to "clank," scratchy pots, awful nut, the bridge was crooked (low E would not intonate even at full adjustment). I since traded that guitar to a friend who put some effort into it and has it playing much better.

I gave Rondo another shot with an SST57 in Powder Blue. This one is much better, though it has two high frets that need to be leveled. Aside from that, I absolutley love it - it looks great and sounds more like a Strat than my MIM strat does. Certainly it is worth more than the $99 they charge for them.

I recently purchased a cherry sunburst Agile AL-2000 (this is a Les Paul copy). The build quality of this Agile is well above the SX and it sounds great - no complaints and a tremendous value.

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
If it sucks, find a woman you hate and give it to her.
Now there's a long list I'd have to whittle down! Dude... my middle name is misogynist.

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
ya, go for it Rocket, worst thing to happen, you change your mind a week after you get it, you can sell it to Strum ! :poke:

Funny man. Now if I sold it anywhere else I would be looking for profit. I sell it here at break even and I get a funny man.

I feel so unappreciated.http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/violin-1.gif

ted s
July 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
my middle name is misogynist.

Had to look that one up..

ted s
July 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
I'm just razz'n ya Strum, I've been known to flip-flop to the extreme (Like jobs, seems to be a running joke with friends)

Hey, I'm tempted to meet you half way distance wise for that Deluxe.
:reallymad: fuel prices

Sorry for the hijack Rocket.

Back to your original programming.

Childbride
July 3rd, 2008, 05:16 PM
Was that the SX(Essex) SST/LTD2 ?

yeah. Rocket, i was not expecting the sound that i got or the workmanship based on price alone. but she's a beaut, and she plays wonderfully. i don't have the ear or the knowledge yet about different pups and such, but she, to my untrained ear, sounds just great. in fact, when i disappear next week for three days for CLE, i'm taking her with to the hotel instead of the fender.

my ONLY gripe, is that the loaded case is heavy [with the back problems] but i love the case for it's room and it's sturdiness.

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
yeah. Rocket, i was not expecting the sound that i got or the workmanship based on price alone. but she's a beaut, and she plays wonderfully. i don't have the ear or the knowledge yet about different pups and such, but she, to my untrained ear, sounds just great. in fact, when i disappear next week for three days for CLE, i'm taking her with to the hotel instead of the fender.

my ONLY gripe, is that the loaded case is heavy [with the back problems] but i love the case for it's room and it's sturdiness.
Thanks CB... good info.

CLE?
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport?
Continuing Legal Education?
College Living Experience?
Christian Light Education?
Certified Lactation Educator?

Childbride
July 3rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
my apologies. long week and i'm tired; just slipped into acronyms. B would be the right answer.

Childbride
July 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
o, and forgot this one. she has a shorter neck than the fender. shiner likes that; he was just playing her a moment ago. he's currently contemplating his birthday wishes.

warren0728
July 3rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i seem to remember something about shiner getting cb a new rack....i thought it was for guitars but maybe it was for this confernce!! :poke:

ww

street music
July 3rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Rocket, I haven't got my hands on this yet but my son says it is more than he expected it to be.http://www.rondomusic.com/product1693.html
He has played it a few times, as it was actually bought as a gift for me. He said it looks like a fine quailty guitar , feels great and the pickups are really good.

The case is better than many high dollar cases he has seen, I hope to get this to my house soon but we live at opposite ends of the state and I'm nursing a back injury at this time.

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
...she has a shorter neck than the fender.
Shorter neck??? Are you referring to scale length? Rondo website shows scale length is 25.5", normal for Strat.

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM

I vote for this one!:bravo:

The shorter neck comment was my observation Rocket. I noticed when I was playing the strat that chords which involved stretching were much easier for me to play. I compared the neck to my acoustics and discovered it's shorter, thus the frets are closer together, which explains why I find it easier to play.

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM

i seem to remember something about shiner getting cb a new rack....i thought it was for guitars but maybe it was for this confernce!! :poke:

ww

Damn, now I'm in trouble.:rotflmao:

Rocket
July 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Damn, now I'm in trouble.
Titillating swerve onto OT ramp...

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM

ww

I just purchased 10 of those guitar racks

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/38b2_12.jpg

warren0728
July 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM

wow i think i found a hanger i like better than my string swings!! :beer: :pancake:

ww

Childbride
July 3rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Germans make good racks, good cars, good beer...

the rack is just fine. it stays as an Original Work. unlike strummy's deer whisperer, i can't lure animals with it, but...;)

warren0728
July 3rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
the rack is just fine. it stays as an Original Work. unlike strummy's deer whisperer, i can't lure animals with it, but...;)
more good sig material!! :bravo:

ww

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
The one above can lure animals - it lured me and Warren.

warren0728
July 3rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
The one above can lure animals - it lured me and Warren.
strum speaks the truth!! :beer:

ww

Katastrophe
July 3rd, 2008, 08:57 PM

Good thing you got an even number, Strum.:AOK:

Kodiak3D
July 3rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
Rocket, I haven't got my hands on this yet but my son says it is more than he expected it to be.http://www.rondomusic.com/product1693.html
He has played it a few times, as it was actually bought as a gift for me. He said it looks like a fine quailty guitar , feels great and the pickups are really good.

The case is better than many high dollar cases he has seen, I hope to get this to my house soon but we live at opposite ends of the state and I'm nursing a back injury at this time.

I'll attest to this. It's a real beauty of a guitar, high output from the pups, sounds great, real comfortable to play. I'm not usually big on the semi-hollows myself, but I could get used to playing this one. Definitely worth the $$.

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
Well now that Kodiak got us back on the subject highway, I will say I cannot recall ever reading a bad comment or anything in the way of being so negative it would make me hesitate to purchase one if one really grabbed my attention. Of course, as Ted pointed out I most likely would sell it in a week after purchase.

street music
July 4th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Dang, how did this subject of RACK ? Forget it! I want to see more of these rack pictures. I get RACK magazine and they never have anything that nice in it.

Kodiak3D
July 4th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Look around more on the Internet, Dad. There are plenty of RACKS. :D

Brian Krashpad
July 7th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I bought an Agile Valkyrie II on closeout for $99 a couple years back. Cool guitar, great service from Kurt.

http://static.flickr.com/33/64969414_025241fa57_o.jpg

warren0728
July 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I bought an Agile Valkyrie II on closeout for $99 a couple years back. Cool guitar, great service from Kurt.

http://static.flickr.com/33/64969414_025241fa57_o.jpg
hey brian....what do you think of the p90's....i am really gassing for a gibson sg classic with p90s....wondering how the agile compares....

ww

Brian Krashpad
July 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
hey brian....what do you think of the p90's....i am really gassing for a gibson sg classic with p90s....wondering how the agile compares....

ww

I have 4 P-90 guitars, but no Gibsons. The P-90's range from cheap generic Asian ceramic-magnet ones (in the Agile) to Seymour Duncans (in my USA Hamer). In betewen are a set of GFS and Duncan Designed P-90's. Compared to humbuckers, there's not nearly so much difference in P-90's. To my ear at least.

I have heard nothing but good things about the SG Classic. I couldn't afford one and am not a big SG guy anyhow, so the Valk was a good option for me.

warren0728
July 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
i've heard really good things about the sg classic too....i will probably wait until i can afford one....i'm trying to work more on learning to play these things (which i am pretty bad at) than buying them (which i am much better at!) :thwap:

ww