PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers on SNL

Nelskie
May 11th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Not sure if anyone caught SNL this past weekend, but the RHCP were the musical guests, and as usual, they kicked some major boo-tay. John Frusciante was playing a sweet, vintage 3TS Stratocaster (his main axe) through two Marshall stacks (as in two heads, two 4x12 cabs x 2), so one could only imagine how bombastically loud it was. As is the norm for bands performing on SNL, they played two songs. The first song was Dani California, a spicy little number off of their newly released "Stadium Arcadium" CD, and it had all of the trademark funky vibe that the Pep's are famous for. They closed the show with their gargantuan hit Give It Away off of the "Blood Sugar Sex Majik" CD, and absolultely pounded it. All in all, a fabulous performance by one of rock's tighest acts.

I've been a fan of the RHCP since my early college days, and have always admired their commitment to their music, as well as their fantastically awesome sound. Most especially, I'm glad to see them back in peak form, sounding better than ever. I ordered the new CD from Amazon today, and will give it a run-down once I get it. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EMGAOY/qid=1147388998/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-5145322-6899822?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

Tim
May 11th, 2006, 05:53 PM
You should get a laugh on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8AiSRE5KaA&search=red%20hot%20chile%20peppers

Spudman
May 11th, 2006, 08:26 PM
That was great! Thanks for posting that Tim. I don't watch TV much so I missed the new release. I'm getting the album for sure. This tune is very mature for the Peppers. Awesome.

BTW. The drummer is on Glenn Hughes last album "Soul Mover." They do play together often.

Nelskie
May 11th, 2006, 08:38 PM
The drummer is on Glenn Hughes last album "Soul Mover." They do play together often.
When he's not enjoying the notariety of being the drummer on Glenn Hughes' last album, or the drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, he's basking in the glow of being Chad Smith. In case anyone was wondering . . . :confused:

Katastrophe
May 11th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I never was a huge fan of the Chili Peppers, but they do have a wacky sense of humor, and Frusciante can always be counted on for a different kinda guitar track. Every one of the group is a gifted player, and every live performance that I've seen has been tight.

Tone2TheBone
May 12th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Bro the Peppers rock. Caught the show on TV. Saw a cool feature of them a few weeks ago on AOL music. What I like about them is that they've played what they wanted to without regard to what other people in the business wanted. Their sincerity in their music is what makes them great.