PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day 2008

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Despite the critics and the cynics, we get to vote, we get to criticize and contrary to belief, we have a voice. No more political statements to be posted here, but something needs to be stated for such a day.

Musical video welcomed

zAGylaoBt6M

R_nO0F4ugss&NR=1

Ch0jin
July 3rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
I don't know if independence day is a political statement, I wouldn't have thought so :)

Ah well, I'll incriminate myslef along with you then...

Happy 4th July to you American peoples :) I was happy to see that you guys defeated the Alien invasion and made planet safe for the rest of us!

Oh wait....

We ARE talking about the movie right?

hehe j/k Hope some of you guys get to party it up in celebration :)

marnold
July 3rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
w00t! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Sorry, I got carried away a bit there.

Nonetheless, for all its warts I loves me native land. It even looks like we'll have some decent weather. My inlaws are coming over to visit and hopefully they'll bring beer. Along those same lines I actually brewed some beer on Tuesday. Five gallons of "Our Cups Go to 11" Koelsch. Sorry, I'll stop derailing this thread now--although it wouldn't be the 4th without beer, brats, and bangs (fireworks, that is).

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Sorry, I'll stop derailing this thread now--although it wouldn't be the 4th without beer, brats, and bangs (fireworks, that is).

The defendant is found "not guilty" and may proceed to discuss beer, food, fireworks, and freedom.

just strum
July 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Uhhh, what's the next line?

qA6qzOQObnA&feature=related

sunvalleylaw
July 4th, 2008, 12:54 AM
The whole idea of this country is bold. The dream lives! Happy Independence Day!
P.S. Strum, you've inspired me. If I get to plug my gear in today, I am going to try to make "rockets red glare" and "bombs bursting" noises on my guitar Jimi style. :rockon:

ted s
July 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Happy Independence Day Y'all ! ..:smile-us: :beer:

Robert
July 4th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Happy ID!

Algonquin
July 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Happy 4th of July Fretters!

Enjoy your weekend :AOK:

R_of_G
July 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM
This song pretty much sums it all up for me. Written by Billy Taylor & Dick Dallas, the most known version was performed by the great Nina Simone. Since this is a guitar forum, I thought this performance by the Derek Trucks Band would do nicely. Whatever issues I may have with this country's current government, I am still thankful I live in a country where I am allowed to feel that way without being locked up. Enjoy the weekend fellow American fretters.:AOK:

I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free - The Derek Trucks Band

mUpbHXPnBGg&feature=related

luvmyshiner
July 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Happy 4th y'all.:beer: Shiner's about to fire up the grill and throw on a couple of steaks. We should be able to see the fireworks from our back yard.

sunvalleylaw
July 4th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Happy ID!

Happy Idaho?!:confused: ;)

We have been having a mayberry-like 4th here in Hailey. So different from where I grew up. Started out by helping out and cooking at the annual Cub Scout pancake breakfast fund raiser. Some guy from FLA showed up and offered to cook naked, but since the propane grills were out street side next the Grange hall and we didn't want to lose customers, we took a pass. ;)

Then we attended the very small town parade. Kids, including mine, riding on fire engines, horses, old tractors and classic cars, politicians, clowns on stilts, etc. After that, there was a band on every corner it seemed, and a bicycle race through downtown. Tons of people, food booths, etc. Spud, Mrs. Spud, and the Spudlet stopped by and had lunch with us downtown on their way out backpacking to camp by a lake for the night.

Having a break now and I am going to plug in the guitar in a few. Then BBQ at a friends, and the fireworks show at dark. A huge show usually. Anyhow, hope you all are being safe with driving and with keeping your fingers unburned and attached to your hands, and are having a great time!

warren0728
July 4th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Started out by helping out and cooking at the annual Cub Scout pancake breakfast fund raiser. Some guy from FLA showed up and offered to cook naked, but since the propane grills were out street side next the Grange hall and we didn't want to lose customers, we took a pass.
luckily i made it home in time to cook a big (late) breakfast for me and the kids....pancakes :pancake: , bacon, eggs (cooked with the leftover bacon grease!! :AOK: ) fruit and milk!

they are going to their mom's tomorrow so we had a "chill" day....just hanging out together....we just ordered pizza and are gonna watch a movie :munch: and maybe play a board game or something....not a traditional 4th....but it's been nice!

hope everyone else has/had a great 4th! :smile-us:

ww

just strum
July 4th, 2008, 04:41 PM
luckily i made it home in time to cook a big (late) breakfast for me and the kids....pancakes :pancake: , bacon, eggs (cooked with the leftover bacon grease!! :AOK: ) fruit and milk!

I don't think my doctor will be allowing me to visit your house anytime soon.

Katastrophe
July 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Today is a day to reflect on the courage that it took for a small group of men, who placed their very lives at risk, declaring independence and daring to form a new nation, founded on the principle of liberty...

I am proud to be an American.

I am free to disagree with others, politically, and still recognize that even with the disagreements for most there is a deep and abiding love for this country.

I wish all American Fretters a happy Independence Day, and wish the blessings of freedom, democracy and goodwill to our Fretters that are proud to live in their homeland!

Childbride
July 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Bless the men and women who did, and still do, protect our civil liberties.

they are stronger than i ever could be, and i owe them a deep debt for their honor and courage.

despite the burn bans in all of the local counties b/c of the drought situation here in central tx, the boomers are going off. i haven't seen any yet, we've been inside today.

but we're about to fix that and go out into the backyard, and rejoice in our freedoms.

happy fourth to all. :D

just strum
July 4th, 2008, 08:59 PM
NV9ycLJUZwI