PDA

View Full Version : I made a Cool Cat Fuzz video

Robert
July 4th, 2008, 06:06 AM
I made a short little demo of the Cool Cat Fuzz. I like it best before my Maxon SD-9. In the video I play it by itself first and then with the SD-9 added. Only other effect is my Lexicon LXP-1 in the fx loop of my 18 watt Heatseeker. What you say?

Algonquin
July 4th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Rob, I'm pretty sure you could (not recommending it) swing a bag of cats over your head and it make it sound good. :AOK:

I saw some Cool Cat pedals in the shop yesterday, but had my sights on something else. Maybe I should go back and have a looksie... good post.

Cheers :beer:

sunvalleylaw
July 4th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Nice! You sound good as always. Now about your outfit in the vid. You are looking awfully Dutch with that orange T-shirt. ;) :AOK: Were you pulling for Holland in World Cup Football? (My wife is Dutch and has family in Holland).

_w8c1AMpKa8

Good thing you topped it off with the blue and yellow hat to let us know the truth!

You make a strong case for that pedal! That is your Squire Std. Tele, right?

Robert
July 4th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Thanks!
No, I'm not pulling for the Dutch, I just like orange!

That guitar is my secret weapon. If you look closely in the video you can see the brand clearly written in black on a duct tape - Boutique Deluxe.

Jimi75
July 4th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I like the version with the SD-9 combined best. This pedal seems to be very quiet, too. I will have to try one,too - the sound really rocks.

Guitar Gal
July 4th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Nice video Robert as always :bravo:

but I kept getting distracted by your cute knees :D

GG

Robert
July 4th, 2008, 07:45 AM
My knees?? I can't win! If it's not my veins, it's my hat, my knees, my ... when will this madness stop!! ;)

I might need to dress up like Bozo the Clown or something for my future videos.

M29
July 4th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Hey clowns are cool:D

I too like the sound with the SD-9 too. It has a nice sting to it and still keeps pretty well defined.

Cool vid Rob and thank you for your time and effort sharing it with us.

Veins and clown are good but I don't know about the knee thing, maybe just for GG though...

M29

marnold
July 4th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Cool video, although I think I prefer is sans Maxon.

Make sure you review the new gear that you're getting today too ;)

Algonquin
July 4th, 2008, 11:02 AM
My knees?? I can't win! If it's not my veins, it's my hat, my knees, my ... when will this madness stop!! ;)

I might need to dress up like Bozo the Clown or something for my future videos.
Bozo the Clown... dead at age 83
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hhj-8BF2XnML69KPAiEQQkgECTRwD91N0V080

Maybe a tribute video isn't such a bad idea Rob.

Cheers Bozo :beer: Thanks for the laughs! :master:

ted s
July 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Great demo Robert ! Spank'n that booteek deeluxe like a rented mule !

Gotta like the backasswards hat ! :AOK:

tjcurtin1
July 4th, 2008, 08:46 PM
That guitar is my secret weapon. If you look closely in the video you can see the brand clearly written in black on a duct tape - Boutique Deluxe.

I was wondering what you had done to the headstock logo - I could see the gray patch, but couldn't make out what it was!

I'm with Algonquin - doesn't matter what you're demoing, I always enjoy hearing you play. Great sounds!

F_BSurfer
July 5th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Nice demo Robert I have been waiting for these to show up locally so I could try them out my youngest daughter has been wanting a few more effects of her own. The fuzz and the vibe are the two was interested in trying out for her.For the money think the fuzz might be a winner for her.