:crazyguy:

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/8/71044708_full.jpg

just strum
July 4th, 2008, 06:51 PM
yikes, what took place there?

M29
July 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Hello markb,

Does the neck come off? It looks like it can be fixed.

M29

just strum
July 4th, 2008, 07:10 PM
do you have some wing nuts and a drill?

markb
July 4th, 2008, 07:14 PM
It's an auction photo. The little kiwi in the corner is the logo of TradeMe, our local eBay equivalent. I'm not bidding on this one, the guitar on offer is junk anyway withot a broken neck. I had a similar break on an Ovation I owned about 30 years ago, it was a write-off as a replacement neck would have cost more than I paid for the guitar.

just strum
July 4th, 2008, 07:22 PM
It's an auction photo. The little kiwi in the corner is the logo of TradeMe, our local eBay equivalent. I'm not bidding on this one, the guitar on offer is junk anyway withot a broken neck. I had a similar break on an Ovation I owned about 30 years ago, it was a write-off as a replacement neck would have cost more than I paid for the guitar.

I looked at some "you fix it" guitars - Martin and Gibson mainly that all had neck injuries and my local luthier advised to pass on all of the ones I was considering. I would look for saving on a blem before a "you fix it" that has neck injuries. I was amazed even with the damage that was done to them people were driving up the cost. All for a name on the headstock.