PDA

View Full Version : Slow Night - Hello

just strum
July 5th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Hello (tap, tap, tap), where did everyone go? You in there (tap, tap, tap).

some holiday celebrating must have taken place yesterday. I logged off before 11 (eastern std time) and there is only one post since logging off. No one here this morning.

I looked out my back window to see if the world had come to an end, all that's out there is Keith Richards and some cockroaches (I wonder who came up with that name?).

I guess I'll venture out to see if Keith is hungry, not that there's any chance I will understand what the hell he is saying. Maybe I'll try to find Dylan to see if he can translate.

TS808
July 5th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Last night instead of fireworks my wife and I opted to go to a free concert in the area...they have one every Friday night in the local park and draw in some national acts. Last night was Mary Ann Redmond...incredible voice and her guitarist was phenomenal. She's big in the DC area....I've never heard vocal range like that before...unreal.

tot_Ou_tard
July 5th, 2008, 06:16 AM
all that's out there is Keith Richards and some cockroaches.
I assume that you are referring to Mick Jagger & Ronnie Wood ;).

just strum
July 5th, 2008, 06:21 AM
I assume that you are referring to Mick Jagger & Ronnie Wood ;).

them too.

street music
July 5th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I'm up now Strum, lots of fun last night. Great Concert as I posted above The Kentucky HeadHunters rocked the place. I was just in awe yesterday evening as we had one of the greatest guitar players in Nashville at our home with his family andhe gave all guitars a workout before we went to the show. Roger Coleman is his name, he will be back in Nashville next week to be in a video recording for new artist JUSTIN MOORE, Roger plays lead for him.
Roger brought me a autographed pick from their recent tour with Lynyrd Skynyrd that was signed by Gary Rossington this I will add to my collection.
All in all, a fun time and plenty of food and drink was had at our home.

ZMAN
July 5th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Good day to you all. I hope you all had a great 4th of July. I missed it this year. I usually head up to Maine around this time. Spent the evening at a local Cruise night. The weather was perfect so we got 300 or so cars. They were parked in the aisles. Had a great time and took a long cruise home in the twilight hours. Met some old friends who have gone into the car hobby. Also ran into a couple of buddies I play hockey with that I had no idea had vintage cars. It sure hurt putting 94 octane into my Camaro at 6.25 a gallon!

just strum
July 5th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Good day to you all. I hope you all had a great 4th of July. I missed it this year. I usually head up to Maine around this time. Spent the evening at a local Cruise night. The weather was perfect so we got 300 or so cars. They were parked in the aisles. Had a great time and took a long cruise home in the twilight hours. Met some old friends who have gone into the car hobby. Also ran into a couple of buddies I play hockey with that I had no idea had vintage cars. It sure hurt putting 94 octane into my Camaro at 6.25 a gallon!

Hey ZMAN, it sounds like a great time, except that $6.25 part.

Sounds like the rest of you had a good evening.

After yard work and car repair, I shutdown early last night and hit the sack. Just wasn't in the mood, or maybe didn't have the energy for playing guitar.

ZMAN
July 5th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Well I guess that price was actually for our Gallon. For your gallon it would only have been 5.48. I would think you guys are getting close to that for your 94 octane as well.
I haven't touched my guitars in a couple of days and that is OK. I need a break to whet my appetite for it again.

just strum
July 5th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Well I guess that price was actually for our Gallon. For your gallon it would only have been 5.48. I would think you guys are getting close to that for your 94 octane as well.
I haven't touched my guitars in a couple of days and that is OK. I need a break to whet my appetite for it again.

Still $5.48 is a lot. I just came back from the auto parts store and gas is ranging from $3.98 to $4.25 depending on octane. High end was for 93 octane, I think Sunoco is one of the few around here that carries 94, I could be wrong.

ZMAN
July 5th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Yea I use the Sunoco 94. It is still unleaded, my car should technically use leaded gas. I am not sure if this one has the hardened valve seats that allow the unleaded. It still runs a whole lot better on the 94.
I am heading down to NC and SC in the next couple of weeks and I am hoping for under 4.00 a gallon. I only go as far as Erie so I will give you a big wave when I turn the corner and head south.