PDA

View Full Version : Robert Johnson by Rory Block

Jimi75
July 6th, 2008, 06:24 AM
I have found this beautiful interpretation of Robert's "Crossroad Blues" on the tube, by female guitarist Rory Block. She's pretty popular here in Europe.

Check the tube for the her interpretation of R.J.'s "Ramblin' on my mind", where she explains the technique about 2 minutes before she actually starts to play the song.

I find this video great, because it's hard to find people who come that close to R.J. and offer us the opportunity to see how great his technique really was.

TqTUoV67M60

oldguy
July 6th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for that, Jimi.:AOK: I've been hearing her alot on Sirius radio, esp. "Come on in my kitchen" and other R.J. tunes. But I've never seen her until now, I always get home on the weekend and get busy and forget to look for a vid of her.:thwap:

sumitomo
July 6th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Yea she is good,I have a tape of her The Power of Delta Blues Guitar bought it back in 1989 Homespun Tapes put it out.Sumi:D

street music
July 9th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I actually got to see her play and sing in Nashville back in 07 one night in Nashville, she is really great to see.

Kazz
July 10th, 2008, 04:27 AM
There is a complete dvd of her teaching the music of the late great Robert Johnson.

Amazon Link Thingie (http://www.amazon.com/DVD-Rory-Teaches-Guitar-Robert-Johnson/dp/B0007ZAECM)

Kazz
July 10th, 2008, 04:33 AM
She also did a complete cd of RJ covers

Another Amazon Link Thingie (http://www.amazon.com/Lady-Mr-Johnson-Rory-Block/dp/B000F5GKO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1215685840&sr=8-1)

Track Listings
1. Cross Road Blues
2. Preaching Blues (Up Jumped The Devil)
3. Milkcow's Blues
4. Walkin' Blues
5. 32-20 Blues
6. Ramblin' On My Mind
7. Terraplane Blues
8. Me And The Devil Blues
9. Last Fair Deal Gone Down
10. Come In My Kitchen
11. Hellhound On My Trail
12. If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day
13. Kind Hearted Woman Blues

I will be checking this one out. I have loved Robert Johnson since I accidentally ran across the 1986 movie "Crossroads" with Ralph Macchio, Joe Seneca and Steve Vai