PDA

View Full Version : in the doghouse

Childbride
July 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM
as in, i am.

i got Shiner to watch 'the bucket list' with me.

[o, as if 'the perfect storm' isn't depressing?!? (a Shiner fav)]

so my question.

what movie has gotten you in trouble for sharing with someone, or vice versa?

hubberjub
July 6th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Happiness, Sophie's Choice, Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me. I could go on.

Rocket
July 6th, 2008, 04:40 PM
???
I don't understand... why would anyone be "in trouble" for sharing in watching a movie with someone else?
(Keep in mind that I'm somewhat socially retarded.)

luvmyshiner
July 6th, 2008, 04:42 PM
She's not really in trouble. But she does owe me one. I was led to believe it was a comedy . . . had to go slit my frikkin wrists after that one.:messedup:

evenkeel
July 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Pulp Fiction. I loved it. My wife not so much. Usually we like the same flicks. Still hear about it.

Rocket
July 6th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I'm obviously missing something:
1. May or may not be a comedy.
2. Left you feeling suicidal.
3. CB's fault.

just strum
July 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM
The Jerk: Every month when it's on TV and whenever I throw it in the DVD player.

I love it, she hates it and me when it's on.

Some people just have no appreciation for the classics.

Childbride
July 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
i'm not really in trouble... [laugh] he's just guilted me a bit.

i'm the movie picker; i have a pretty good eye normally. i liked it, he didn't. but then, i don't like stormship troopers, either. [snicker]

this place was really quiet this weekend, and i tried to invoke conversation.

Rocket
July 6th, 2008, 05:58 PM
...but then, i don't like stormship troopers, either.
Blasphemer!
(I think you meant "Starship" Troopers.)

Childbride
July 6th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Blasphemer!

busted as charged.

so we're watching our rentals this weekend, and we watch the previews [i love the previews] and one comes on for starship iii.

he says, 'o, i so have to see that!'

:thwap:

TS808
July 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM
My wife and I were on vacation a couple years ago, and it was pouring down rain....we decided to go see a movie. I picked "Apocalypto". Big mistake. One of the bloodiest and goriest movies I've ever seen....my wife was ready to leave after 15 minutes into the movie.

marnold
July 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
This issue is usually easily solved in our household because I hate movies and she loves them. Thus, she rents DVDs and I'm someplace else in the house. Romantic, no?

Tone2TheBone
July 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM
The Hills Have Eyes 2.

Just kidding. Watched it somewhere else with others.

Ro3b
July 6th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I had a girlfriend who seriously thought "City of Angels" was better than "Wings of Desire." We had a big fight about it. That was when I realized that the relationship was doomed beyond saving.

street music
July 6th, 2008, 07:48 PM
BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, sorry but I'm not into GAY COWBOYS. My wife rented that thing, I don't remember ever seeing Maverick winking at anything but women when I was growing up and we rode horses and played with cap pistols I didn't think about how pretty the guy on the next horse was.

peachhead
July 6th, 2008, 07:53 PM
"Sense and Sensibility" is one of my wife's favorite movies. Every time we try to watch it, I fall asleep, and it's another night shot to crap.

piebaldpython
July 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM
.......usually, my wife picks a movie that we're going to see....usually, that's NOT a problem, but every now and then we may disagree about WHAT to see, then I give in.......AND.......VOILA.......the movie sucks so bad that SHE has to even admit it sucks.....and then she rightfully, feels GUILTY about her pick.......ahahahhahahhaha........perfect examples of bad selection was BELOVED (that Oprah Winfrey mess) that we wasted freebie movie tix on.......A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT was dreadful and so boring that watching paint dry would have been more exciting.....there are other clunkers but those two are at the top of the heap.......that being said, the other week we saw IRON MAN and the INCREDIBLE HULK and we loved both flicks.....oh, yeah, I got stuck one nite with FRIED GREEN TOMATOES....a beyond dreadful chick flick.....UGH!!!......ahaahhahahhaahhahhahahah

sunvalleylaw
July 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Blasphemer!

Yeah, I could see an issue there. I will try and watch movies that are about a wedding or people talking in a coffee house (My wife likes these, and sometimes I can enjoy them with her), but I am really about the epics. Star Wars, Brave Heart, Rob Roy, Gladiator, about any Eastwood western ever, First Blood, the LOTR movies, though I still ultimately prefer the books, oh, and "The Holy Grail" of course! What an epic! My wife ordinarily leaves the room when I am putting on one of these.

We find common ground on movies like August Rush, Dream Girls, The Commitments, etc.

sunvalleylaw
July 6th, 2008, 08:19 PM
The Hills Have Eyes 2.

Just kidding. Watched it somewhere else with others.

Evil Dead 2 is also a winner. :AOK: ;)

Tim
July 6th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I have not been in trouble yet with a movies. Bit I thinks the next "X_Files" movie will the the first.

http://www.xfiles.com/

warren0728
July 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM
i have to find movies that i like and my kids like (9 and 11)...now that's tough! (except for nacho libre, school of rock and napoleon dynamite!) :AOK:

actually i usually prefer reading a book over watching a movie...

i did just watch "untraceable" with my neighbors....pretty good movie....

fbi agent jennifer marsh is tasked with hunting down a seemingly untraceable serial killer who posts live videos of his victims on the internet. as time runs out, the cat and mouse chase becomes more personal.

ww

Spudman
July 7th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I had a bad experience with The Banger Sisters (Goldie Hawn). I didn't pick it but agreed to it and wanted to watch it. Apparently it hit a little to close to home with the psycho I was dating and she got almost violent that I was laughing and enjoying it. B**** She's down the road.:rockon:

R_of_G
July 7th, 2008, 11:43 AM
For the most part my wife and I have similar tastes in movies. That said, she still doesn't understand just what it is I see in "Easy Rider," (aside from the soundtrack which she does like). I never told her it was a happy movie.

Katastrophe
July 7th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Mrs. Kat and I share a fairly similar taste in movies. Action is good. Thrillers with 15 million plot twist can be boring, and Mrs. Kat solves 'em all by about halfway through.

We both enjoy the cheesy sci-fi movies on the sci-fi channel... Always good for a laugh.

Robert
July 7th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Pulp Fiction.

mechanic
July 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I am legend.
My wife and I saw that a while ago.
Everything was going fine untill Will Smith had to kill his German Shepherd!
We own a pair of them and lets just say the rest of the movie went into the toilet at that point.
I talked her into going to see the movie and I don't think I'll ever live it down.
Eric

Kazz
July 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Bucket List was great...until the last 15 minutes....had even a sarrkazztic guy like myself teary eyed.

Jack and Morgan did excellent work in that movie.

The only one I ever got grief about was when I shared Silence of the Lambs with my Grandmother....I have never lived that one down.

piebaldpython
July 8th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I AM LEGEND???? My wife picked that one too and it took 75 friggin' minutes until something decent happened. What a waste of time until the end. And no, the frenetic ending does not make up for the bore-fest until that point. I just looked at my wife (during the movie) and she looked at me sheepishly and ADMITTED that she picked yet another clunker. ahaahhahahhahha