PDA

View Full Version : Interesting result 5WTube+Line6Flex

Jimi75
July 7th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Thanks to TS808, I habe quickly found someone over at the Line6 support who explained to me how to connect my 5W Fender Champion 600 to my Line6 FlexIII or any other Modelling amp.

First of all, connecting a tube amp via the effects loop to a modelling amp brings some nice portion of tube warmth. I connected the Input ofthe amp with the Send of the FX loop and the Out of the amp (unplugged the amps speaker for this) wirh the FX return, the Line6 was connected to a 4x12 Marhsall 1960 AV box. You can hear a slight hum when connected. The little amps are of course not perfect for this "operation", but if you like the tube warmth you can get a professional unit for such purpose like the presonus blue tube and do all this without any hum.

I turned the tube amp volume on 3 and I had to severely adjust my presets, because it is a totally different basis for programming sounds.

The Line6 came to live, especially the clean presets sounded on the point like a tube amp. A huge difference to the usual sound that the L6 offers.

On the distorted sound though, it's more like if you connected a good distortion pedal. The sound opens up a little bit, it is not so boxy any more, but compared to the Marshall JCM 900 that I currently play at the rehearsals it is still a big difference. Here you can not beat the tube amp which sounds more direct.

For those of you who own a 5W tube amp and a modelling amp it is worth a try, especially for clean sounds. I was surprised and had not imagined such an improve.

Greetz
Jimi75

oldguy
July 7th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the info, Jimi. I have not tried this, but it sounds like an interesting option, and is always good to have another option w/ your sound. :AOK:

TS808
July 9th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Glad to see that it worked out for you :AOK: The Line 6 forum has a wealth of information about ways to tweak your sound....everything from effects to put through the loop as well as suggestions for different speakers.