PDA

View Full Version : Tweak your tone hands free with a looper

Lev
July 7th, 2008, 06:16 AM
....a littel novel use for looper pedal (saw someone do this on youtube).

I spent some time tweaking my FX and amp settings yesterday (usually a long and frustrating process). However this time I used a looper pedal infront of my FX and amp, recoreded a loop and put the guitar down and played with my settings while the loop was playing.

Much quicker than the usual tweak - play - tweak - play - tweak - give up and make coffee!!

PS - Same result - Still couldn't get the tone I wanted, I decided I need some new toys but at least I came to that conclusion quicker than usual.

just strum
July 7th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Pretty cool idea.

Ch0jin
July 7th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Thats a simple and practical idea. I dig it.

Last night I was sitting on the floor hunched over a disembowled fuzz pedal swapping components and tweaking bias and so on and reaching over to the guitar to try and strum it (open G or drop d tuning is great for this btw). I feel like I need an extra two hands, but a looper would be awesome for this!!

Now if only somone made a loop pedal kit.......

Robert
July 8th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Another cool use for a looper pedal is at a sound check. Record some loop and have the rest of the band play along with it, while you put away the guitar walk out on the floor to check what your guitar really sounds like with the band!