PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite.....

theseeker
July 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on the following pedals, tell me what you like and why:
Fuzz
Distortion
O/D
Chorus
Delay
Flange
Reverb
Comp.
Tremlo
And anything else that I might have missed. Thanks
:beer:

just strum
July 7th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on the following pedals, tell me what you like and why:
Fuzz
Distortion
O/D
Chorus
Delay
Flange
Reverb
Comp.
Tremlo

If you are talking about one of your first pedals - I would probably say O/D or Delay. I don't have any individual pedals, so I'm basically giving you what I would probably do. I base that on various things I've read here and that would probably help you more than this thread or maybe this thread in combination of reading some of the previous posts (assuming you haven't done that yet).

theseeker
July 7th, 2008, 02:47 PM
No, I have pedals....I'm looking to buy more:D

Just want to get peoples thoughts on what they like, compare them to what I like and go from there. I have really bad GAS!

Thanks for the input though.

just strum
July 7th, 2008, 02:51 PM
No, I have pedals....I'm looking to buy more:D

Just want to get peoples thoughts on what they like, compare them to what I like and go from there. I have really bad GAS!

Thanks for the input though.

So what sort of pedals do you have, what are they plugged into (on both ends)?

duhvoodooman
July 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM
This is S-O-O-O dependent upon what kind of amp you play through and what kind of music you play. For example, if you were playing through a very simple amp like an Epiphone Valve Jr, I'd say get a reverb pedal because of the space/depth it adds to your sound. Like 60's surf music? Better have a tremolo pedal! An '80's hair metal fan? Unless your amp has a good high gain channel, you'll probably need a good distortion pedal, such as a Rat or the like. Hendrix fan? Better have a good fuzz pedal! And a wah! Pink Floyd? You'll need a good phaser. EVH wannabe? Get yourself a flanger!

I'm sure you get my drift at this point....

just strum
July 7th, 2008, 03:26 PM
This is S-O-O-O dependent upon what kind of amp you play ....

See, that's why I don't have pedals - too many "if's"

sunvalleylaw
July 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
See answers inserted into the quote below:

Fuzz - ELECTRO HARMONIX LITTLE BIG MUFF PI - IT WAS TONE2THEBONE'S AND I LIKE IT FOR WHAT I DO.
Distortion - BOSS DS-1 - GOOD BASIC DISTORTION, COOL MODS AVAILABLE
O/D - DIGITECH BAD MONKEY - BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK
Chorus - BOSS CE-5 - FOLLOWED THE ADVICE OF GUYS LIKE SUPERSWEDE, VERY VERSATILE
Delay - DON'T HAVE ONE YET, WILL LIKELY GO BOSS WHEN I DO
Flange - DON'T HAVE ONE
Reverb - DON'T HAVE ONE, I USE THE ONE IN MY AMPH
Comp. - DON'T HAVE ONE
Tremlo - DON'T HAVE ONE.

Add:

Wah - I HAVE THE BASIC CRYBABY WAH. WORKS FOR ME, CAME FROM DVM IN GREAT SHAPE FOR A GREAT PRICE.
Noise Suppressor - BOSS NS-2 VERSATILE, DOES THE JOB, EASY TO USE, POWERS PEDALS
Tuner - BEHRINGER, ANOTHER GREAT BANG FOR THE BUCK
Clean Boost - BEHRINGER, SAME REASON

These are just the ones I have, and I have only been playing for a couple years, but they were basically all purchased based on advice I got here, and I have been happy with them.

theseeker
July 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Ah, sunvalleylaw gets what I'm after. I know what pedals to get, I want to know what OTHER pedals to get. Just talk about what you have, why you have it and maybe what your thinking about getting.

Juststrum, I have a couple of set-ups that I use. Lately I've been playing an Epi SG or a Gibson Les Paul thru a Crate GFX 212(Not my favorite amp but, it's ok) with an MXR Dyna Comp, Rat, Little Big Muff, Soul Vibe, and a Mind Bender. On another board I have a Boss CE5, Guyatone VT-3, Boss SD-1, Crybaby, abd a Morley Lil' Alligator Volume. Thanks everybody for past and future input.:bravo:

Katastrophe
July 7th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Ah, sunvalleylaw gets what I'm after. I know what pedals to get, I want to know what OTHER pedals to get. Just talk about what you have, why you have it and maybe what your thinking about getting.

Juststrum, I have a couple of set-ups that I use. Lately I've been playing an Epi SG or a Gibson Les Paul thru a Crate GFX 212(Not my favorite amp but, it's ok) with an MXR Dyna Comp, Rat, Little Big Muff, Soul Vibe, and a Mind Bender. On another board I have a Boss CE5, Guyatone VT-3, Boss SD-1, Crybaby, abd a Morley Lil' Alligator Volume. Thanks everybody for past and future input.:bravo:

I'll put in a vote for a good phaser. I love that tone. I used to have a Morley phaser which was built like a tank, but I see that they don't make 'em anymore.

Ch0jin
July 7th, 2008, 09:38 PM
OK Here goes. This is what I use.

Fuzz - Ge FuzzFace, Ge Fulltone '69, Triangle version Big Muff (in that order of preference) (all GGG kits) if I got another it'd likely be a tonebender or some random obscure Ge fuzz I find on eBay...
Distortion - Boss Turbo Overdrive and Boss MetalZone
O/D - BSIAB (sounds like a dimed marshall) and ITS8 (original TS808 spec with different clipping modes and Phat boost added) (GGG Kits)
Chorus - Dont have
Delay - Ibanez AD80 (analog delay) based kit Same front and back end as AD80, but with digital delay chip instead of BBD chip. Sounds exactly the same as an AD80. (i.e. crazy/freaky/cool)
Flange - Dont have
Reverb - DON'T HAVE ONE, I USE THE ONE IN MY AMPH
Comp. -
Tremlo - Improved EA Tremelo Kit (this is HIGHLY recommended)

And a Crybaby Wah with the input buffer deleted and converted to true bypass.