PDA

View Full Version : Back from Calgary

Robert
July 7th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Went down to Calgary on Friday with the family. We had a great time, doing fun things like log rides and roller coasters, and enjoying the zoo.

My wife ran the Calgary Stampede full marathon and set a personal best, our 14 year-old daughter set a personal best on the 10k, and I ran my best half-marathon in a decade when I placed 6th and 1st in my age category with a 1:15:50 run.

We camped in our tent for 2 days, and it was windy and rainy not all perfect, but that's what builds memories!

We never really went to the Stampede - it's so big and so many people there. With our 4 year-old along, we went to a small amusement park instead and enjoyed ourselves.

Now I'm back and need to play with the new EX-7 pedal Marnold sent me! :rockon:

street music
July 7th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Congrats To all! Sounds like a great family outing with success all around.:bravo:

Algonquin
July 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Welcome back Rob! Camping with the family is time well spent :AOK:

Nice to have you back!
Cheers :beer:
David

Spudman
July 7th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Cool beans Roberto. Fun with the gang and a new EX7. Woo hoo.
Great job on the race for all.:bravo:

I can't believe he fell for it ;)

sunvalleylaw
July 7th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah, that sounds great all around. Memorable trip, good race results, and a new toy upon return. What's not to like?!

SuperSwede
July 8th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Sounds like a nice weekend with the family!

Log rides? Kinda like the flum-ride at Liseberg?

luvmyshiner
July 8th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Welcome back Robert! Sounds like a great trip.

warren0728
July 8th, 2008, 07:38 AM
sounds like a great family trip! glad you had a good time!

ww

marnold
July 8th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Glad you enjoyed the race. I assume that UPS didn't mangle the pedal between MI and AB?

Robert
July 8th, 2008, 08:08 AM
SS, yes it is the same idea. Our 4 year-old was excited and scared but she loved it.

Marnold, the pedal was dropped off on the doorstep while I was still at work. Luckily nobody stole it, because there's a lot of traffic in front of our house! I had forgotten why I dislike UPS, now I remember... They will also charge me their nasty brokerage fee, I guess. The guy shows up some days later and asks for money for the box he dropped off.

The pedal is in fine condition though, looking forward to trying it out tonight for the first time! Thanks Marnold - you RAWK!

marnold
July 8th, 2008, 08:14 AM
The pedal is in fine condition though, looking forward to trying it out tonight for the first time! Thanks Marnold - you RAWK!
I try. I look forward to some videos of some screaming solos.