PDA

View Full Version : Back from Stockholm!

SuperSwede
July 8th, 2008, 12:53 AM
The gods finally smiles at me.

We left the kids at their grandparents house (for the first time in several years!) and drove up to Stockholm where we had a great weekend!

Here is some pics...

Algonquin
July 8th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Wow, what a thrill to be able to drive to Stockholm :AOK: ... that has to be incredible. No kids???, does that mean you and Mrs Super took the two wheeled rocket ;) Great pictures, looks like an awesome outting.

Welcome back :beer:

sunvalleylaw
July 8th, 2008, 07:11 AM
We had a trip like that a fall before last to San Francisco. First one in a long time. They are pretty fun once in a while. I am happy for you!

warren0728
July 8th, 2008, 07:38 AM
sounds like a fun time! :beer:

ww

Spudman
July 8th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Awesome stuff SS. I hope you had a great time. Look at all that water!

Robert
July 8th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Nice, SS. Stockholm is one of the best cities in the world to hang out at. I love Stockholm!

tot_Ou_tard
July 8th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Fantastic Swede! I'd like to visit Stockholm someday. My wife was there as a child & loved it.

Katastrophe
July 8th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Beautiful pics, Swede!

Just out of curiosity, how far of a drive is it from your home to Stockholm?

SuperSwede
July 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
We had a great time, leaving the kids for the first time in several years was kinda strange!

We ate at a really nice italian restaurant and went to see the Indiana Jones movie.. super nice!

Tot, get over here and I´ll show you some really nice places in Stockholms Old Town!

Kat, I tend to drive around 130-140 kmh (80-86 mph) so it takes around 4 hours...

Spud, Stockholm is all about water. You can go almost anywhere with boat.
Here is a pic of one of the "islands".

http://www.seedforum.org/userfiles/Stockholm(1).jpg

sunvalleylaw
July 8th, 2008, 01:11 PM
What a beautiful shot. With the surrounding waters, it reminds me of the lake, Ballard locks and university districts in Seattle, with more historic buildings. I do plan on a Northern European tour someday with stops Norway and Sweden and would have to look you up when that happens.

Tone2TheBone
July 8th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Is that Chicken and Onions dude? :) Welcome back.

SuperSwede
July 9th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Is that Chicken and Onions dude? :) Welcome back.

It sure is... and beer. mmmm :beer:

Sunvalley, just lemme know if you wanna go to that home on the range...

Jimi75
July 9th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Stockholm is an awesome city. Very nice pix.

It's time for me to travel to Stockholm, it's so inexpensive and easy from Germany. Düsseldorf --> Stockholm, 1hour flight, 29€.

And then we will meet hopefully and have a good Swedish Beer
:beer:

SuperSwede
July 19th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Ouch, another week in Stockholm (this time with the kids)...

Robert
July 19th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Missed you, SS!

tot_Ou_tard
July 21st, 2008, 06:00 AM
That is a beautiful shot of Stockholm SS.

How did the kids like it?

Bloozcat
July 21st, 2008, 06:59 AM
Wow, Stockholm looks like a beautiful place! We've been wanting to take a trip to northern Europe for some time now. My wife is really hot on the idea of a cruise through the fijords of Norway after our recent Alaska cruise. I'm thinking that maybe we could combine the cruise with some side trips on land.

Very enticing.....:AOK:

M29
July 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Wow SS what a beautiful city! Oh I would love to go there, what an experience that would be.

We go out very little and when we do all we do is talk about the kids. We just love em:D

Welcome back SS:bravo:

M29

SuperSwede
July 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
The kids loved it, the youngest child loves the subway (!) so we did a lot of travelling under ground.. lol

Ah well, its nice to be away but it sure is nicer to come home :)