PDA

View Full Version : Frost

Spudman
May 11th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Text taken from Insideout record label web site. Amazing! Go to the My Space site (link at bottom) and listen to "Black Light Machine" all the way through. Wow! This is going to be big.

InsideOut web site http://www.insideout.de/indexx.php?arg=AQ8 (http://www.insideout.de/indexx.php?arg=AQ8)=

FROST - debut album in July

Frost first came to see the light of day when Jem Godfrey – musician, songwriter and producer – founded the band in September 2004. The Brit already made a name for himself in the world of pop music on his collaboration with Ronan Keating and Atomic Kitten as songwriter and producer. That is what Jem Godfrey says about Frost and their debut album ‘Milliontown’: ‘I’ve always been into progressive rock music and so I decided to do exactly that, writing an album to my kind of taste.’ At the recording sessions, he was supported by John Mitchell (KINO, Arena, The Urbane) and two members of the band IQ John Jowitt and Andy Edwards, as well as studio musician John Boyes. Out came a varied piece of work with all sorts of facets: gripping song structures, refined vocal arrangements and virtuoso instrumental passages. ‘Milliontown’ blends shorter catchy tracks with brilliant long ones, of which the longest provides a listening pleasure of almost 30 minutes. It becomes obvious that Jem Godfrey knows his stuff from what he learned in the field of pop music. His tracks are always to the point and they never get lost in endless repetitions and gaudiness. Due to an extremely positive feedback on behalf of the media and the fans, a qualified band came into being, what was first an initial project. There are also plans of an upcoming tour.

http://www.myspace.com/milliontown Listen to Black Light Machine

Robert
May 16th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Interesting song, it's in 7/4 time. It's fun to play odd time signatures. That reminds me of a band I listened to a lot in the early 90s, from England. I can't remember their name though!

Nice production.

Spudman
August 8th, 2006, 08:19 PM
This has finally come out and well worth the wait.

Sonically it is a masterpiece in production. Every sound that is pleasant to the ear is contained within this album. There is rock, sing along, symphony, groove, you name it and it is simply brilliant. This is music at the next level. John Jowitt's bass finally gets the place in the mix it deserves.
Buy it if you are ready to step away from the same old stuff that you've been listening to since Led Zeppelin 2. You won't be disappointed.

Wonderful record! Frost- Milliontown

Spudman
February 25th, 2007, 05:14 PM
FROST*: Whether it is intentional or not, within the timespan of a year the band Frost* have lived an entire career it seems. They released their debut album (http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200637.php#frost) to rave reviews, toured around Europe, broke up and have now reformed, all within the timespan of just ONE YEAR!

A download-only album Dear Dead Days will be released via the usual online music shops. Working titles at the moment:
1. Dear Dead Days
2. Coppermind
3. American Toast
4. Pocket Sun
5. Pretty Kill Face
6. Future Crimes
A clip can be heard on the band's Myspace (http://www.dprp.net/news/www.myspace.com/frostmyspace). A few quotes from Jem Godfrey: "Coming out of hibernation for the summer, a Frost* e.p. called "Dear Dead Days" featuring extensively remixed segments from Milliontown plus 3 brand new tracks. More details to follow."

"It's all new material. Frost* is very much an experiment in evolution and progression. The next phase of the band's future is going to be much more studio orientated initially and with a significant lineup change. The e.p. is the first step in that progression. There's lots going on, but it's one step at a time for now. But don't panic anyone, it's still Frost*. The house rules still apply."

"There will be a new guitarist and a new singer for Frost '08. That's all I can tell you right now. Dear Dead Days is my leaving party as the Frost lead singer. TBE will be adding a guitar solo or two to the e.p. as well. Or at least I think he will, I've not asked him yet. And the e.p. will most likely be a download only product. Plus it means I can get it out to you lot quicker as we don't have to muck about with seasonal release schedules."
And a few days later came the announcement of the new guitarist: Just a quickie to say that Declan Burke, lead singer and guitarist from the excellent Darwin's Radio will be joining the band for the new album. This will free me up to do more pointless loony dancing while I'm playing. Which I love.

Anyways, he's completely fab and I'm absolutely delighted. Very Happy

Spudman
February 10th, 2008, 12:08 AM
It's been almost a year and a new Frost album will soon see completion.

Jem recently took a week and wrote and completed most of the album. Here is his video log. It's petty interesting to watch the solo recording / creative process at work...and yes it can lead to madness. Hilarious at times.

Part 1
7mulTBTB6Jw

Part 2
3ieCrO8kXBM

Part 3
iZprKMB1hHU

tot_Ou_tard
February 10th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Great stuff Spudball thanks.

Brilliant band, I look forward to that new album!