PDA

View Full Version : Saw Joe Bonamassa last night in Dublin

Lev
July 9th, 2008, 02:55 AM
I really wasn't expecting Joe to come to Ireland anytime soon, he's pretty much unknown here so when I saw an advert for his gig last week I almost wet myself with excitement!!

Anyway the venue was really small, it's club that can accomodate about 500 people so I was lookng forward to seeing him up close. Actually I was at the venue pretty early and Joe popped in and out to his tour bus a couple of times while I was waiting outside & he gave a quick hello to us which was nice.

The gig itself was truely amazing and really inspiring to see such a talented guitarist up close (I was about 15ft from the stage). He played his new signature gold top LP for most of the gig and it sounded fantasic (although I could have used some ear protection, this was one of the loudest gigs I was ever at). Some highlights for me were Sloe Gin (I took some video footage of this which I'll post later), Asking Around for You (where Joe sang a chorus without the mic - that'll show you how small the venue was!!) and Woke Up Dreaming with an absolutely killer acoustic solo!!

All in all this was one of the best gigs I was ever at and it has truely inspired me to become a better player (if only I get the time to practice!!).

Jimi75
July 9th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Joe is touring the country of one of his all time heroes:
Rory Gallagher - by the way, also on of my absolute favourites!

I saw a pic of the new Goldtop and it looks truly amazing.

Good to hear that you enjoyed the gig so much. Joe is very talented and the shows are brilliant, BUT recently he received some not so good critics, he appeared kind of snobbish at gigs.

Our drummer was deaf for days on his left ear after Joe's last gig we went to.

I ALWAYS WEAR EAR PROTECTION - CAN'T REPEAT IT ENOUGH TIMES

tot_Ou_tard
July 9th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Wow! Very cool Lev.

I use these for ear protection if need be.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx

They work well & come in different colors. The whole family has them.

duhvoodooman
July 9th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Man, I wish Joe would spend as much time here in the US as he seems to in Europe! He's right at the top of my list of "guitarists I've never seen that I really want to"!

Sounds like you were treated to a great show! :AOK: :dude: :rockon: :bravo:

sunvalleylaw
July 9th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Wow! Very cool Lev.

I use these for ear protection if need be.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx

They work well & come in different colors. The whole family has them.

I plan to order some. Thanks for the heads up. Lev, the show sounds great! He was not that far away from here at a small theatre in a small town in Oregon, (5 hour drive) and I missed it. I'll have to not make that mistake next time. Glad you had fun!

P.S. Bonamassa in Dublin after an imperial pint or two sounds lovely by the way! :AOK: