PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Nights

FrankAxtell
July 9th, 2008, 06:58 PM
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6704416
http://www.uva.co.uk/wp/wp-content/projects/onTheRoad/tokyo/tokyo01.jpg

marnold
July 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Great listen, as usual, Frank. I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever written/performed anything bad. Early on in the track it seemed to me to have a vague feel of something that Steely Dan might be doing if they were still recording new material. I think it's probably the keyboard progression.

Vihar
July 10th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Excellent tone and sound again! The theme's first part reminded me a bit of "summertime, the livin' is easy", maybe it's just the blues progression that makes it easier for me to hear that. I especially like the wah tone, incredibly throaty... you could make amazing tone demos, man. Was it the Marshall(s) again? Keep them coming!

sunvalleylaw
July 10th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Another good one. I have not had time to listen to all of yours lately, but hope to get back to the ones I have not. I like the pace of this one.

Robert
July 14th, 2008, 07:49 AM
That was a cool blues, Frank! Nice playing. How did you record the guitar this time? Is it the Marshall? It sounds great.

FrankAxtell
July 15th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Great listen, as usual, Frank. I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever written/performed anything bad. Early on in the track it seemed to me to have a vague feel of something that Steely Dan might be doing if they were still recording new material. I think it's probably the keyboard progression.

Thanks so much...trust me I've screwed up lots of music in the past, which serve me to work harder on it...this music thing takes tons of patience and serious hard work and at the same time keeping a positive attitude. I would never had thought of Steely Dan even though I am a big fan and have played their tunes in many a cover band situation.

FrankAxtell
July 15th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Excellent tone and sound again! The theme's first part reminded me a bit of "summertime, the livin' is easy", maybe it's just the blues progression that makes it easier for me to hear that. I especially like the wah tone, incredibly throaty... you could make amazing tone demos, man. Was it the Marshall(s) again? Keep them coming!
Thanks so much for listening...I've been diggin' playing wah again...been a Jimi Hendrix fan forever...He's still my favorite rock/blues player.:D

FrankAxtell
July 15th, 2008, 09:10 AM
That was a cool blues, Frank! Nice playing. How did you record the guitar this time? Is it the Marshall? It sounds great.
Thanks so much Robert for your kind words. I used the Nash strat, RC Booster into the Marshall JMP 50 with 4x12 Marshall cab.

marnold
July 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I would never had thought of Steely Dan even though I am a big fan and have played their tunes in many a cover band situation.
Music (and art in general) is interesting that way. The audience may hear things or draw parallels that the original artist never envisioned.

FrankAxtell
July 23rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
Music (and art in general) is interesting that way. The audience may hear things or draw parallels that the original artist never envisioned.
Excellent observation! I will ponder that. :)