PDA

View Full Version : Hilary Jones - great drummer! No guitar video this time!

Robert
July 10th, 2008, 07:43 PM
She knows how to groove. :AOK:

B4928R1AvmQ

mkFKjbHPSLY

Ch0jin
July 10th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Not my style, but not bad at all.

I've always said that the drummer makes or breaks a band. You can have the best (insert musician other than drummer) in your band, but if your drummer is average the whole things is going to sound terrible. Makes me happy I'm a guitar player ;)

Oh and in the spirit of sharing...

I've long thought this track contained some of the most intense drumming I've heard (and when I saw them live it was even more full on). I think it's fairly simple patterns, but played hyper fast. (if you have a short attention span i'll warn you the drums gradually speed up over the course of the track..)

This is from a very under rated soundtrack from many years ago. It's essentially metal bands, grunge bands and hip hop bands collabarating. Makes for some great listening (if your into metal grunge and hiphop like me anyway)

This is Ice T and Slayer (doing Exploited songs) and I'll caution you that there is a little swearing and the sound quality is pretty average

Check around the 3:58 mark for when the riffage and drums enter hyperspeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0JKWeYcwNY

M29
July 10th, 2008, 10:23 PM
She knows her stuff, I love the groove in the second vid. Very nice indeed, thank you for sharing Robert.

M29

Katastrophe
July 11th, 2008, 08:01 AM
She knows how to groove. :AOK:

B4928R1AvmQ

mkFKjbHPSLY

That's some serious four limb independence in the second vid. Great grooves, and good find!

Jimi75
July 11th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Groovy Lady!

Her playing sounds very melodic.

Good find Robert.