PDA

View Full Version : wicked, wicked, wicked...

Childbride
July 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM
[sigh]

i've actually avoided shiner's firefly, b/c it's so darned LOUD, and i keep imagining the neighbors calling the cops on us...

[and i've actually practiced acoustically all week to keep from being lazy about my fretting... lower action on electrics and all]

i was out watering the plants in the backyard and could hear shiner jamming out on my strat... i came in and fussed.

he said...

'you have to plug her and play on Odyssey'

so i did. i got my pick, went to work on some of my flat picking songs, and he kept incrementally turning her up.

wicked, wicked, wicked.

i was so torn between the evil i was doing to the neighbors and the sheer joy of that screaming amph.

man, the red beast is cool. it sounds so different than the other amphs in the house... it actually sort of makes me sound better. :rotflmao:

[i can hear him in the other end of the house right now playing goo goo dolls 'iris'] ;)

just strum
July 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Remember the earplugs. And as for the neighbors calling the cops on you, I would think you two I use to that by now.

Childbride
July 11th, 2008, 08:22 PM
no worries. it was only turned up halfway. :D

luvmyshiner
July 11th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Hey, it's only 1.5 watts, right? I can't possibly damage my ears with 1.5 watts.

Hello? Huh???? What???? Type louder everyone.

Rocket
July 11th, 2008, 09:03 PM
...it sounds so different than the other amphs in the house...
Forgive my ignorance... apparently I don't get it... Amph? I keep seeing this reference to "amplifier"... Is this some "Fret.Net" inside joke or colloquialism or did someone just typo amp once and everyone just adopted it?

Katastrophe
July 11th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Forgive my ignorance... apparently I don't get it... Amph? I keep seeing this reference to "amplifier"... Is this some "Fret.Net" inside joke or colloquialism or did someone just typo amp once and everyone just adopted it?

Yep, definitely a part of Fretter lore. Our very own SuperSwede found a review written about an amplifier where the reviewer kept referring to the amplifier as "amph." Further hilarity ensued when the reviewer stated as his most salient point, "With this amph I get no screaming solos."

Anyway, SuperSwede posted about it and we all had a laugh. The terms "amph," and "screamin' solo" managed to become a part of the Fretter lexicon.

Rocket
July 11th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Yep, definitely a part of Fretter lore. Our very own SuperSwede found a review written about an amplifier where the reviewer kept referring to the amplifier as "amph." Further hilarity ensued when the reviewer stated as his most salient point, "With this amph I get no screaming solos."

Anyway, SuperSwede posted about it and we all had a laugh. The terms "amph," and "screamin' solo" managed to become a part of the Fretter lexicon.
Got it... thanks for the explain. I was hoping that it wasn't merely sheep-bait.

sunvalleylaw
July 11th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Got it... thanks for the explain. I was hoping that it wasn't merely sheep-bait.

Baaaahhhh! http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=403

For your edification. :D :beer:

sumitomo
July 11th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Someome say sheeeep now where's me boots at!Sumi:D

warren0728
July 11th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Baaaahhhh! http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=403

For your edification. :D :beer:
oh man...that thread never gets old!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

ww

Katastrophe
July 11th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I just read it again...:rotflmao:

Classic... just classic.:D

warren0728
July 11th, 2008, 10:20 PM
"Reliability: 8
Besides dirt getting in the pull gain, 999999 times out of a 1000000 it will turn on." :beer: :rotflmao:

ww

SuperSwede
July 12th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Amen brothers and sisters!

LagrangeCalvert
July 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I hate when I start to pull it and I find that their is DIRT in it....or even on it.

tot_Ou_tard
July 13th, 2008, 04:39 PM
:rotflmao: Man O man, tears are screamin down me phace! :rotflmao:

Thanks for asking Rocket!

Glad to hear that you've been pulled into the land of tubular distortion CB.

Childbride
July 13th, 2008, 05:32 PM
that post is such a classic... :rotflmao:

tot, this morning, he actually turns and looks at me to say...

'honey, i think i'm going to build a FIFTY WATT AMPH!!! whaddya think?'

:thwap: :thwap: :thwap:

'i think you aren't going to plug that anywhere other than where there's a bunch of acreage, dear...'

[epiphany: a weekend place? a jam central in the country? are there wildlife protection acts sanctioning against such things?]

with earplugs, of course. ;)

tot_Ou_tard
July 13th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Fret party at Jam Central, Tx!

R.B. Huckleberry
July 13th, 2008, 07:11 PM
LOLz.

With my amph, I get screaming solos.

Childbride
July 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Fret party at Jam Central, Tx!

[if you build it, they will come]

i actually already have the 'place'. he'd just have to build it.

:D :D :D

Brian Krashpad
July 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM
are there wildlife protection acts sanctioning against such things?]

In civilized jurisdictions, yes there are such laws.

Of course that leaves out Tejas.

YEE-HAW!