PDA

View Full Version : I finally own my law degree!

luvmyshiner
July 15th, 2008, 08:56 AM
It only took me eighteen years, but I just paid off my student loans.:bravo: WOOHOO, leaves more money for new guits now.

A round of brews for the house from Shiner!:beer:

Robert
July 15th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Congrats! Congrats! Buy lots of gits now.

M29
July 15th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Congrats Congrats Congrats Shiner:rockon:

M29

warren0728
July 15th, 2008, 10:04 AM
excellent! :bravo: :beer:

i own one too....cost me $29.95....found it on the internet! :poke:

ww

just strum
July 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Congrats.

When I saw the subject, I thought you were fishing on eBay again.

luvmyshiner
July 15th, 2008, 11:16 AM
i own one too....cost me $29.95....found it on the internet! :poke:

ww

Dang, if I had just bought one of those I'd own as many guitars as Spudman by now.:rotflmao:

Katastrophe
July 15th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Congrats, Shiner! That is a great accomplishment. :beer:

BTW, Shiner, what law school did you graduate from?

luvmyshiner
July 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
BTW, Shiner, what law school did you graduate from?

Baylor University School of Law

http://law.baylor.edu/

And the facilities they had when I was in law school were not near as nice as what you see on the website. Spoiled punks.:reallymad:

Katastrophe
July 15th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I would suggest that you take CB out dancin' tonight to celebrate, but since you went to Baylor Law there is too high of a risk that you might get caught.

Then they'd take the degree away and you'd have to start over!:poke:

Bloozcat
July 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Wow!...Talk about delayed gratification!

Congrats, shiner...:AOK:

sumitomo
July 15th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Congrats!You know they should have just givin' me one,heck all the time I spent in court rooms when I was young and all the money I spent in fines.My mom always told me to be a doctor,lawyer or a dentist,I should have listen to her.Sumi:D

luvmyshiner
July 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Congrats!You know they should have just givin' me one,heck all the time I spent in court rooms when I was young and all the money I spent in fines.

:rotflmao: Dude, maybe you're a lawyer by proxy.:poke:

sunvalleylaw
July 15th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Congrats Counselor!

magoo
July 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Congrats Shiner, Remember that mandolin thats been calling your name...LOL

PAPPY
July 15th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Shiner you almost did what I always say "I'll owe you forever before I beat you out of it" It's also been a long time that you owed your soul...to the federal government" oh that's supposed to be "the company store" isn't it.

Way to go bro.

Childbride
July 15th, 2008, 04:37 PM
11 years paying for me, and no end in sight. :reallymad:

luvmyshiner
July 15th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Good Lord Pappy, I haven't thought about Tennessee Ernie Ford in years! My Dad used to have that record (any of y'all remember records?:rotflmao: ).

Magoo, that mandolin is still callin' me, but if you'll check my birthday/anniversary thread here in a little bit, you'll see it's going to have to wait for another day.

Steve, I thought you and Krashpad might have a special appreciation for this event. Now if we could just get CB's loans paid off!:cry:

warren0728
July 15th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Now if we could just get CB's loans paid off!:cry:
once she's on tour she can pay it off quickly!! :AOK: :beer:

ww

street music
July 15th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Congrats Shiner, I think that's a fine acheivment in life. When CB starts touring you will be able to take some of her case load and stay at work while the rest of us become roadies and don't worry we'll send pics from all the stadiums full of fans.

warren0728
July 15th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats Shiner, I think that's a fine acheivment in life. When CB starts touring you will be able to take some of her case load and stay at work while the rest of us become roadies and don't worry we'll send pics from all the stadiums full of fans.
hey that's a great idea...i want to be a roadie....i mean someone has to take care of cb's rack....errr you know...the one for all her guitars....i'm just sayin'.... :whatever: :poke: :rotflmao: :pancake:

ww

luvmyshiner
July 15th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Oh man, you guys are the greatest!:cry: Just knowing my friends will be there to take care of her while I'm spending all her money and stuff . . .

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE HERE!:reallymad: :nono: :punch: :canada:

(Don't ask me why I threw the Canadian flag in there, it just seemed right:D )

Spudman
July 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Dang, if I had just bought one of those I'd own as many guitars as Spudman by now.:rotflmao:

Hey, if I would have bought one too I would have so many guitars that you'd never catch up. $30 is a heck of a price for a law degree. I guess I should have shopped around.

luvmyshiner
July 15th, 2008, 06:12 PM
$30 is a heck of a price for a law degree. I guess I should have shopped around.

Don't feel bad Spud. I know a couple of lawyers who I swear got their degree by sending in ten Post Toasties box tops.:D

Do they still make Post Toasties?:rotflmao:

TS808
July 15th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Congratulations!! I know what that is like. I paid off my undergraduate loan a few years back, and then went back to grad school....now I'm going to be paying for another 19 years! lol

Jimi75
July 16th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Congratulations!

That's a good thing. I know from my brother.

ZMAN
July 16th, 2008, 10:03 AM
That is one of the things my wife and I are most proud off. We were able to get my daugher through college and she has no bills. On the other hand we could not help her husband and she has to bear the brunt of his college debts. It is almost criminal how easy they make it to get the money and of course nobody at the time realizes how hard it is to pay them off after school.
There should be a course on that one.
The best one I heard was a guy and girl who didn't need college money (their parents had invested and put money aside for their education.) but applied for it and took the money and invested it in real estate. They bought the place they were living in while going to college. Rented a couple of rooms and sold it at the end of school and made a huge profit 5 years later. Paid off the loans and had money for another downpayment on their new home.

Brian Krashpad
July 17th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Whoa.

18 years.

Thank goodness my parents paid for most of mine. (I worked summers during as well.)

Congrats!

sunvalleylaw
July 17th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Whoa.

18 years.

Thank goodness my parents paid for most of mine. (I worked summers during as well.)

Yeah, Shiner! I was fortunate that way too. I really respect the folks that paid for it out of their own flesh. My parents helped me out too, though I always had a job to help. I did not have that burden hanging over me after school, and I am sure glad you have retired yours. :AOK:

evenkeel
July 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Congrats. Two guitar playing Texas lawyers. Living under the same roof. Got to be a country song in that.

luvmyshiner
July 17th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah, working while in law school was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I'm grateful that I was able to help both of my kids so they won't have to carry the kind of debt I did. I have mixed feelings about the whole student loan program. On the one hand, if it weren't for student loans a lot of folks would never be able to achieve an education. But I don't like the way the educational industry pushes them, encouraging kids to borrow every penny they can without thinking about the hardship it can cause. When I was in law school we were told that we would be making so much money when we got out that we would have our loans paid off in no time. :rotflmao:

Now Evenkeel, lets get to work on that song.:D

sunvalleylaw
July 17th, 2008, 04:28 PM
(to a basic cowboy shuffle or lope)

Two Texas Lawyers . . .
Hung out in the foyer . . .
Pickin', on their ol' guitars . . .

When one hit the bottle . . .
And then hit the throttle . . .
Now they're pickin' out under the stars . . .

(ok, someone take it)

luvmyshiner
July 17th, 2008, 05:37 PM
(to a basic cowboy shuffle or lope)

Two Texas Lawyers . . .
Hung out in the foyer . . .
Pickin', on their ol' guitars . . .

When one hit the bottle . . .
And then hit the throttle . . .
Now they're pickin' out under the stars . . .

(ok, someone take it)

:rotflmao:

But I was thinking more of a blues thing:

I woke up this mornin' . . .
And stumbled cross the floor . . .
Knocked over the bottle of Jack . . .
I left the night before . . .

Wasted some whiskey . . .
Now the wife is pissed at me . . .
What the hell do I care
I'm just trying to take a . . . . . . . .

Well, you get the idea.:D

sumitomo
July 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I see you guys been playin' with the desktop blues,pretty good there.Sumi:D

player
July 17th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah, working while in law school was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I'm grateful that I was able to help both of my kids so they won't have to carry the kind of debt I did. I have mixed feelings about the whole student loan program. On the one hand, if it weren't for student loans a lot of folks would never be able to achieve an education. But I don't like the way the educational industry pushes them, encouraging kids to borrow every penny they can without thinking about the hardship it can cause. When I was in law school we were told that we would be making so much money when we got out that we would have our loans paid off in no time. :rotflmao:

Now Evenkeel, lets get to work on that song.:D

can't say too much about the song but guess it's a common misconception they hand you when going to school that once you are in practice(which takes a long time) you can easily pay off loans Sam gave you.wonder if they(Gov) still do Pell grants?knew some folks that did that they're great in as much as I heard you don't have to pay them back.

oh by the way Congatulations Shiner on a feat well done with help from your better half.Now that will be another uphill battle but hopefully worth it in the end :poke:

marnold
July 18th, 2008, 08:41 AM
He's got his writ of mandamus
Habeas corpus too
When you're up on the docket
He'll have you singin' the blues.

Yeah, you got the blues
Them Shiner lawyerin' blues
He owns hisself a dugree
And he's comin' right after you.
Jus' pray to God in heaven
He doesn't bring his modeling pictures too.

luvmyshiner
July 18th, 2008, 09:01 AM
. . .
Jus' pray to God in heaven
He doesn't bring his modeling pictures too.

:rotflmao: Dude, I spurted coffee on my laptop.

Katastrophe
July 18th, 2008, 09:50 AM
"I'm quittin' all this drinkin',
Gonna quit postin' Neked Tractor Guy,"

"Gonna sit on the front porch,
And play on my Firefly,"

Shiner said, "I own my own deegree,"
"Time to turn over a brand new leaf,"

CB said, "Nuttin' doin' hon,"
And kicked him in his legal briefs!

He got da blooooooooz, them ownin' the deegree blooz!

This is proof that I don't EVER need to be a songwriter!:thwap:

luvmyshiner
July 18th, 2008, 10:06 AM
"I'm quittin' all this drinkin',
Gonna quit postin' Neked Tractor Guy,"

It's gotta be believable Kat.:nono:

Actually it's just a song, I guess it doesn't have to be believable. Nevermind.

VROOOM!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/20060920174509990046.jpg