PDA

View Full Version : iPhone selling like crazy!

Robert
July 15th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Sold out in lots of places....

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/07/15/iphone-3g-sold-out-in-21-states/

I don't think I'll be able to get one in a good while here in Canuckland...

sunvalleylaw
July 15th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I will be getting one to replace my current Palm Treo, but need for some $$$ to come in first though. They had them in stock up here, and are getting them in every day, but even if I was ready to buy, I refuse to be one of the folks that camp out to be one of the first.

warren0728
July 15th, 2008, 04:21 PM
but even if I was ready to buy, I refuse to be one of the folks that camp out to be one of the first.
+1000....wait a few days and get one at your leisure....i'm having second thoughts about getting one...if the gps talked to you like most do i would be sold....but i really just use my phone as a phone and my cheapie motorola l2 syncs nicely with my mac so i might get a new $20 battery for the l2 and get a real gps... :whatever:

ww

Robert
July 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM
...if the gps talked to you like most do i would be sold....

Hey, that's what we have pedals with Germanium transistors for! :D :bravo:

sunvalleylaw
July 15th, 2008, 04:38 PM
The GPS doesn't mean much to me. I am in for the calendar, contacts, email, and coordination with my office that it will allow. Also, I will be able to have my tunes with me and not be lugging around a second device.

warren0728
July 15th, 2008, 05:23 PM
The GPS doesn't mean much to me. I am in for the calendar, contacts, email, and coordination with my office that it will allow. Also, I will be able to have my tunes with me and not be lugging around a second device.
yeah having the tunes without my ipod would be nice but since i already work at home...sometimes it nice to have an excuse not to work when i'm not at home (which is usually for a kid related event)!

i still might get one though....the jury is still out! :whatever:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
July 16th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I'm not interested. My cell phone is probably about 5 years old. It still does what I need it to do. Make & recieve calls.

I'm not much of a gizmo-guy anyway. If you could push a button & turn it into a guitar & amp, that'd be a different story!

just strum
July 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I'm not interested. My cell phone is probably about 5 years old. It still does what I need it to do. Make & recieve calls.

I'm not much of a gizmo-guy anyway. If you could push a button & turn it into a guitar & amp, that'd be a different story!

+1: no need for bells and whistles. I carry two and neither of them get e-mail. Company wanted me to have a blackberry, but it's enough that they can call me.

I took off two days of work and received 183 e-mails that awaited me when I returned, many of which would have ruined vacation.

Make & receive calls is where it's at.