PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

stingx
July 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Man oh man did this movie kick ***! No spoilers from me since I went to a special screening however I will say that the cast is amazing and Ledger is guaranteed to get a posthumous oscar for his role as The Joker. He makes Nicholson's portrayal of the character look cartoonish by comparison. The whole cast pretty much rocks and this is an amazing movie people. You will be enthralled.

Robert
July 16th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Can't wait to see it! Nolan is one of favourite directors, after seeing Batman Begins. What a guy.

Robert
July 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Watched it tonight - fantastic stuff. I was very impressed and enjoyed the quality immensely. Everything about it is top-notch. What else can be said? The Joker as being played by Ledger is probably one of the best villains ever in a movie.

stingx
July 23rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Watched it tonight - fantastic stuff. I was very impressed and enjoyed the quality immensely. Everything about it is top-notch. What else can be said? The Joker as being played by Ledger is probably one of the best villains ever in a movie.

I cannot emphasize enough just how great the performance that Ledger delivered was. Amazing and I agree with Robert about him playing the best villain ever in a movie - at least in recent memory.

carp3nt3r
July 23rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
The movie was extraordinary, however this batman film is of a much darker, more sinister nature than the others ive seen. Jack Nicholson's character was a more animated tongue in cheek role. Both were great ! In thier own right.
Heath Ledger was a great talent, no doubt. He brought nothing less than perfection to this role as well. His portrayal was stunningly insane.
A must-see if for no other reason than to see Mr. Ledger's last role. I agree, he should win a posthumous oscar for this one.
There were other things in the movie that i wasnt so impressed with.

stingx
July 23rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
I would love to discuss specifics but many still haven't seen the movie and I don't want to spoil it. I'll revist this thread in a week or two.

Spudman
July 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Very good movie. The Mrs and I saw it today and I was captivated all the way through especially the end where that one guy....;)