PDA

View Full Version : The Point!

tot_Ou_tard
July 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Who's seen this animated movie starring Ringo Starr's voice & Harry Nilsson's music?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Point!

A favorite chez tOt when my kids were young.

I'll still sing a tune to this day.

just strum
July 16th, 2008, 05:51 PM
n5cE5TJccQw

Steve206
July 16th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Just when you think that you may be the only one of its kind on the planet, somebody comes out and asks about Harry Nilsson. I bought the album before I heard of the video. Years later, went on a computer quest to acquire the VHS tape of the movie.

Have not heard the album where Nilsson does Newman, where Harry sings Randy's songs. Sounds like it would be good.

So, yeah,,,I really dig the tunes on The Point. Cannot say too much for the animation, but the genius is in the music.

Do you play the tune, "Think about your troubles??"

Steve

tot_Ou_tard
July 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM
So you've seen it Strum?

Just when you think that you may be the only one of its kind on the planet, somebody comes out and asks about Harry Nilsson. I bought the album before I heard of the video. Years later, went on a computer quest to acquire the VHS tape of the movie.

Have not heard the album where Nilsson does Newman, where Harry sings Randy's songs. Sounds like it would be good.

So, yeah,,,I really dig the tunes on The Point. Cannot say too much for the animation, but the genius is in the music.

Do you play the tune, "Think about your troubles??"

Steve
I've got the best of Nilsson or some such on CD. I've got a soft spot for him.

I love that song Steve! But no I've never played it before...but you've got me
thinking 'bout the bubbles.

The storyline & the characters are very well done.

You're baiting me, you're deliberately baiting me. I will NOT be subject.

just strum
July 16th, 2008, 07:44 PM
You know, it seems very familiar. I think I may have viewed it at some late night theater that was a double feature that included:

zdu7xoHU9DA

And back then I was viewing movies in my head that were brought on by... Well, you know where I'm going with that.

Edit: I have to throw this in for all the kids out there that don't know Meats early days.

aVBYUgXmXl4&NR=1

tot_Ou_tard
July 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Time warp!

Now where's my toast?

just strum
July 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Here's another from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, but using the song "I'm too Sexy" - it fits real well.

Those that aren't comfortable with their sexuality, don't watch.

X_xH9zoM0eQ&feature=related

Childbride
July 16th, 2008, 08:20 PM
OMG!!! that is bizarre... i was actually going through my old LP collection the other day; what survived after years of my mother's garage sales while i was in undergrad and then law school before i acquired the leftovers of my childhood, and was despondent that i no longer had that LP! i had the original as a kiddo, and listened to it endlessly.

i've never seen the movie, but i was a HUGE fan of that record. i loved it.

tot_Ou_tard
July 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM
OMG!!! that is bizarre... i was actually going through my old LP collection the other day; what survived after years of my mother's garage sales while i was in undergrad and then law school before i acquired the leftovers of my childhood, and was despondent that i no longer had that LP! i had the original as a kiddo, and listened to it endlessly.

i've never seen the movie, but i was a HUGE fan of that record. i loved it.
So you listen to The Rocky Horror Picture Show album, over & over again as a kiddo?

That 'splains a lot ;).

markb
July 16th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Amazing that the Rocky Horror Show was written by a bloke who grew up here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tauranga). Note that AC/DC's drummer is also from Tauranga.

sunvalleylaw
July 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I don't think I have seen it. I will have to check it out! The kids might like it.

tot_Ou_tard
July 17th, 2008, 05:56 AM
I don't think I have seen it. I will have to check it out! The kids might like it.
My kids loved it.

But they grew up on The Yellow Submarine.