PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

dabacosm
July 17th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I Just wanted to introduce myself: My name is Sue and I've been playing guitar for a lot of years. I play in a progressive rock/blues power trio and I've had some reasonable successes with it. I do play professionally and got to play with some big names which I consider a mixture of hard work and a little luck. I stumbled across the dolphin Street website by accident one day and I was so impressed with it that I keep coming back--Robert you are an awesome player and person!

I'm interested in this forum because it's credible, friendly and intelligent; and I look forward in the coming weeks and months getting to know some of you! If you would like to know a little more about me, here's my website:
www.wise-fools.com, Drop me a line and say hi!! Thanks to those of you who've already offered advice on my pedal board issue--I hope to have that resolved very soon!

Thanks!

Sue

Katastrophe
July 17th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Welcome, Sue! Nice to have another pro around to bounce ideas off of. Hope you get the pedal board situation sorted out soon, and let us know how you solved the problem.

I looked at the website, and I'm diggin' the G&L! Great playing, too.

So, enjoy and post often!

:AOK:

Algonquin
July 17th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Wecome to the Fret Sue!
Cheers :beer:

dabacosm
July 17th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks so much to you both!! I already feel at home! Cheers back!! :beer:
Rock on!

Sue

Brian Krashpad
July 17th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Welcome Sue!

I wish I had the opportunity to play out as often as you do.

Always glad to have more womenfolk around here. :beer:

warren0728
July 17th, 2008, 01:42 PM
welcome sue....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
July 17th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Welcome Sue, and thank you for the kind words!

This is a great place, and I am sure you will like it. Stick around!

ted s
July 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Welcome Sue ! Nice intro, neat Bio on your site !

luvmyshiner
July 17th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Welcome aboard Sue.

tot_Ou_tard
July 17th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Killer music on your your site Sue.

It's great to have you here.

street music
July 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM
A BIG KENTUCKY WELCOME TO YOU SUE! Enjoy the site, great people and friends although I never really met many of them other than on here.

markb
July 17th, 2008, 05:47 PM
G'day, Sue!

just strum
July 17th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Helloooo, Cleveland. No wait, Hellllooooo Sue (dabacosm).

Like the Beatles there was the shy one, the cute one, the...

Well, here at the forum, just consider me the nice one, but sometimes mentally ill or twisted (tonight's one of those nights).

Spudman
July 17th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Hi and welcome Sue.:wave:

This is where guitarists hang out and you fit right in with one exception...you have more hair than the rest of us.:D

Rocket
July 17th, 2008, 07:57 PM
...you have more hair than the rest of us.
Speak for yourself.

Welcome Sue!

Childbride
July 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Welcome! :)

magoo
July 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Sue.

scgmhawk
July 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Welcome and cheers! :beer:

sunvalleylaw
July 17th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Welcome Sue! Really glad to have you join us here!

mrmudcat
July 18th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Very warm welcome !!!:beer:

dabacosm
July 18th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Helloooo, Cleveland. No wait, Hellllooooo Sue (dabacosm).

Like the Beatles there was the shy one, the cute one, the...

Well, here at the forum, just consider me the nice one, but sometimes mentally ill or twisted (tonight's one of those nights).

Ahhhhhhhhhh Spinal Tap--definitely an all-time Fav!!! I also appreciate the twisted thinkers!! Sometimes I get referred to as. . .the Twisted Sister of the Blues! No kidding! Hmmmm. . .wonder how they came up with that!! LOL!!!

robert_the_rocker
July 18th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Hi. You tour? Cause I need HELP WITH DAT! :P

dabacosm
July 18th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Well. . .depends on your definition of touring! What we've created over time is a network of individuals who know and love what we do and are willing to help us with our booking. I'm not attached to any record label and quite franky, I'm not sure I really want to be. I have my own Indie label (Happy Accident--which pretty much says it all) and I have the freedom to do anything I want; I actually do quite well in $$. But again, it's a slow process of networking and playing really crappy gigs and be as professional about it as you can. Do you have a specific question I could help yo with?:D

Rocket
July 18th, 2008, 01:52 PM
...playing really crappy gigs and be as professional about it as you can.
Heh-heh... yup, been there... (still go there from time to time!)

oldguy
July 20th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Sue. (nice website you have, btw.):D

just strum
July 20th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Well. . .depends on your definition of touring! What we've created over time is a network of individuals who know and love what we do and are willing to help us with our booking.

I recall a group that had to go to Hamburg to get gigs and play in what was referred to as caverns. They eked out a living and managed to have a hit or two. Darn, there name escapes me right now.

Blaze
July 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Welcome & Bienvenue Sue !

Blazes:dude:

dabacosm
July 21st, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hey Everyone!!

Thank you so much for the very warm welcome! I do feel at home! Please feel free to drop me a line any time! ROCK ON!!!:rotflmao:

ET335
July 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
Welcome Sue:wave:

jpfeifer
July 21st, 2008, 05:57 PM
Welcome Sue!

dabacosm
July 22nd, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hey jpfiefer--really nice stuff on sound click! I'm enjoyng it immensely!:bravo:

jpfeifer
July 22nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks so much. I listened to some of the stuff on your website and it's really sounds fantastic. Very nice playing indeed!

-- Jim

sumitomo
July 22nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Konnichiwa Sue,say your first name isn't Susi is it?Sumi:D

duhvoodooman
August 2nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
I'm catching up on long overdue welcomes! So, WELCOME to The Fret, Sue!! Great to have another pro here, so we can learn your tricks & steal your licks! ;) Nice Comanche, too! :AOK: :dude: :rockon: