PDA

View Full Version : How Do Think This Would Be Accepted

just strum
July 17th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I was watching VH1 Classics last night and started thinking about the two remaining members of The Who as they stood before the audiance after a performance and wondered what if:

Drums: Ringo Starr

Bass and vocals: Paul McCartney

Lead guitar and vocals: Peter Townsend

Lead Vocals and rhythm guitar: Roger Daltry

I never realized until last night the match it would make as a result of the passing of two of their original members.

I think it would be interesting as they were forces of the British invasion, but their music and styles were different. They could songs from their groups origin (no solo work) and maybe some original material.

Just a couple of nights at a large venue or two weeks at a small venue.

Do you think the public would accept it? I'm not saying they would call themselves by a different name, just play as a no name group.

sunvalleylaw
July 17th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Sure, at least I would! It would be hard for the artists, I bet, to meld styles, but as an audience member, it would be interesting at least, as long as they put effort into it.

just strum
July 17th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Sure, at least I would! It would be hard for the artists, I bet, to meld styles, but as an audience member, it would be interesting at least, as long as they put effort into it.

The existing material would be a breeze, but a Townsend/McCartney sounds like a few bloody noses and one finally getting fed up and marrying Yoko and the cycle continues.

sunvalleylaw
July 17th, 2008, 05:13 PM
And not to diss Ringo, but I bet Townsend and Daltry would have a hard time getting used to his happy, laid back style.

just strum
July 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
And not to diss Ringo, but I bet Townsend and Daltry would have a hard time getting used to his happy, laid back style.

Maybe they would just keep Ringo's kid on drums, same facial expressions, but different style drummer.

markb
July 17th, 2008, 05:20 PM

Yeh, but when they start swapping material, wouldn't you just love to hear Daltrey sing The Frog Chorus? :rotflmao:

luvmyshiner
July 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I think it's an outstanding idea from a marketing perspective. But I have to agree with y'all, I think the egos involved with destroy the project before it really got started.

player
July 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
If and that is a huge IF they would even talk to each other having been through the grind already there might be a chance they would talk music however unlikely a collaboration might be it would be a step in the right direction. definitely worth seeing and/or hearing if it happened at all

just strum
July 17th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Keep in mind, I'm not talking about them getting together as a group or any long term thing. Just a few days or a week of concerts, one location (maybe two - it would be cool to see them do a small venue for two days and then maybe a large venue for one or two. The rehearsal time would far exceed the actual performance time.

Ringo, Paul, Pete, and Roger - if any of you are out there, I want some cash out of this.

Rocket
July 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
...or, 4 bullets and market it as a double reunion special!

just strum
July 17th, 2008, 06:56 PM
...or, 4 bullets and market it as a double reunion special!

Damn Rocket, didn't expect that from you.

sumitomo
July 17th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Yea they can air it on FOX as a combo music concert/cage match Sumi:D

just strum
July 17th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Taking a quick break - The Who kicking @$$. Zack Starkey kicking @$$

VH1 Classic kicking @$$

Pearl Jam Kicked @$$ - appropriately the lead guitarist head broke off his LP when it hit the stage. Probably would have happened to any guitar, but it's a definite when it comes to Gibson.

just strum
July 18th, 2008, 03:50 PM
So, did anyone watch The Who last night? I thought it was a pretty good show. Since they aired it twice back-to-back, I watched parts of it through both airings. I'll have to check ot see when it runs again, I need to record it.

I was impressed with Zack on drums, played real solid.