PDA

View Full Version : Beneath the Sea (rough draft)

333maxwell
July 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM
OK.. I sense the need for some humiliation..

I know this one sucks..

Apparently yesterday I got liquored up (still don't feel to good this afternoon.. I don't do that often anymore) and threw this one together.. I was inspired of late by an old man and his lap steel (who would certainly be emabrassed by this effort) that I have been chatting with about tunings.

The song is smaltzy, I never did take the mid drums and convert them to virutal instrument, and the harmonys are off time.. in fact it sounds like the drunken silly oaf I musta been.., (I had promised someone I was going to do some Bass lines for another song, but I guess I got a bit distracted.).

What I can tell you about the song is the vocals were obviously being made up as I go, and they are certainly cut in one take, as was the slide guitar and sporano uke.. and it shows..

Yet.. I still kind of like the effort.. I think I may actualy try and re-cut this one responsibly.

Anyway.. as this is the music room, and we can always use smoe more music to talk about.. here is 'Beneath the Sea'.

Please be gentle.. my head still hurts.

Beneath The Sea
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6728225&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6728225&q=hi

Robert
July 18th, 2008, 07:41 AM
So you were you drunk when you recorded it? Sounds authentic. I kinda like it.

Katastrophe
July 18th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I dig it!

Leave the slide track as is. It's got a great, laid back, drunken atmosphere to it.:D

333maxwell
July 18th, 2008, 08:52 AM
So you were you drunk when you recorded it? Sounds authentic. I kinda like it.
Ya.. in fact I am still queesy 2 days later.. *note to self* 'get Sh@% together"!

Thanks for the time Robert!

333maxwell
July 18th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I dig it!

Leave the slide track as is. It's got a great, laid back, drunken atmosphere to it.:D

Thanks Katastrophe.. when I go back in and re-mix it I will focuse on ridding it of the horrid drum track and tightening the backup vocals..

thanks for your time and thoughts!

tot_Ou_tard
July 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
You gotta get drunk more often ;).

I like it Maxwell.

333maxwell
July 19th, 2008, 11:07 AM
You gotta get drunk more often ;).

I like it Maxwell.

Thats not what my ol lady tells me! *G*

4 days later and I am starting to feel human again.. i'm sure i'll be hitting it again soon enough! *L*

Thanks for your time and ear my friend!

just strum
July 19th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Maxwell, I listened to it about seven times, where is this "this one sucks" part you referred to? If I play it backwards will I hear "I buried Paul - this one sucks"? Come on, you going to force me to listen to it 7 more, 10 more, 20 more times???

333maxwell
July 20th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Maxwell, I listened to it about seven times, where is this "this one sucks" part you referred to? If I play it backwards will I hear "I buried Paul - this one sucks"? Come on, you going to force me to listen to it 7 more, 10 more, 20 more times???

I PROMISE.. you hear it much more you will bat your head against a wall!! *G*

Thanks my friend.. it wasjusta funlittle ditty, and according to the response I amglad I shared.

Appreciate your ear and time!

just strum
July 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I PROMISE.. you hear it much more you will bat your head against a wall!! *G*

Thanks my friend.. it wasjusta funlittle ditty, and according to the response I amglad I shared.

Appreciate your ear and time!

Fun little dittys are needed. Music needs humor, performed by talent - you did it.

not to hijack, but to make my point.

JWpz2OYf1QU

Justaguyin_nc
July 22nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Justa nother good ole Max tracks.. :bravo:

always enjoy your playing and sound.. can't find the bad parts..

thanks for sharing! :pancake:

333maxwell
July 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Justa nother good ole Max tracks.. :bravo:

always enjoy your playing and sound.. can't find the bad parts..

thanks for sharing! :pancake:

Now dammnit, your just too kind! *G*

You know how much your listening to it and feeding back means to me..

So I shant say more!

Appreciate ya man!