PDA

View Full Version : Washburn D25S

peachhead
July 17th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I dont think I'm rehashing an old thread, but if I am, feel free to point me to it.

Anyone ever had one of these, played one, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, or any other general thoughts? There's one local that I think I can get for a good price, practically new (still has the plastic and the sticker on it) and I'd like to upgrade a bit. Plus, I like the sound, but sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm just too caught up in the moment.

luvmyshiner
July 18th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I've never played one Peachhead so I can't give you much help there. It appears to have a solid wood top with laminated sapele back and sides. The top was cedar until 1995 when they changed to a solid spruce top. Since it still has the plastic and sticker I would assume it's probably a spruce top.

I'm probably relaying information everyone already knows, but the solid top on an acoustic is a good thing. It will open up over time and sound better the more the guitar is played and aged.

Have you had the chance to play it? If so, how does it sound?

peachhead
July 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I thought it sounded good, especially considering the strings were crap and it looked like it has been hanging there for ages. The S/N starts with 01 so I am not sure if that is 1990, or 2001, as I am not sure when it was discontinued. Even with really nasty strings it was very bright but boomy. If I bought it I would take it down to the other shop 3 blocks over and get the tech there to set it up and possibly install a new saddle.
I'm wanting to upgrade a bit- and I've had a yen for a Washburn for some reason.
Maybe I'll get myself an early birthday present...

luvmyshiner
July 18th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Hmm, I'll see what I can find out Peach. What are they asking for it?

peachhead
July 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I think $250. I was thinking about offering $200 and see how that goes.