PDA

View Full Version : Digitech CF-7 Chorus Factory

marnold
July 18th, 2008, 04:05 PM
You may recall that I picked up a Digitech CF-7 Chorus Factory (http://www.digitech.com/products/Pedals/CF7.php) for a cool $40 at the Guitar Center by my parents' place. I forgot how fun a good chorus pedal could be. There are a lot of different chorus tones available. I tend to spend most of my time on the Digitech Multi Chorus model (#1) or the Boss Chorus Ensemble model (#7). I usually keep the level at noon, the speed at about 10 A.M., and the depth dimed. The Multi Chorus model gives a real full, lush, 80s-style chorus, perfect for playing little ditties like Dokken's "Alone Again." The Chorus Ensemble is much more subtle. It works great to make a distorted tone "bigger" (for the lack of a better word) without making it muddy.

I like those two models so much that I really haven't messed with the others too much. I was able to dial in a "Come As You Are" tone with the Small Clone model pretty easily. Some of them can do flanging too, but the A/DA model on my EX-7 is vastly superior to them.

Like the EX-7, the CF-7 can do cabinet modeling so you can run it directly into a mixer/soundcard for recording. Someday I'll try a recording with just my guitar->overdrive->CF-7 and see how that would sound. I'd also like to have a second ampf to see how some of the stereo stuff would work.

The manual says that the CF-7 will only get about four hours of continuous playing out of a 9v battery. As soon as I got it, I removed the battery and put it on my 1-Spot's daisy chain. No worries.

The long and the short of it is that I really like it. Would I have paid $100 for it? I don't know because I'm a cheap person-of-questionable-parentage. For $40 it's a downright, bona fide, class A steal.

luvmyshiner
July 18th, 2008, 05:21 PM
. . . I'm a cheap person-of-questionable-parentage.

:rotflmao:

Were we separated at birth by any chance?:cry:

street music
July 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Marnold, my thoughts too, I still haven't bought an acoustic amp because I keep looking for that special deal on one. My Zoom G1X was a bargain on eBay and I'm still learning with it, so many options and I'm just getting into the Chorus and ensamble settings and learning more about getting that just right sound from my pedal. I have so many amp models to choose from but have found about three that I use most often.:rockon: