PDA

View Full Version : Search Process

just strum
July 18th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I was looking for some threads on the Epiphone Valve Special. Unfortunately when you do a search you get threads that have the word "Special" or "valve" - well, you get my point.

Is there any way to do a search so it only picks up exactly what I am looking for?

marnold
July 18th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Just put "epiphone valve special" (including the quotes!) into the Google search. You can also put this into Google itself which will do something similar:

"epiphone valve special" site:thefret.net

peachhead
July 18th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Under search, use Google to search the site- and look for "epiphone valve special" (include quotes). That ought to narrow it down (I think).

edit: Yeah, what he said :D

just strum
July 18th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Hey, thanks guys - another "you learn something new everyday" moment. I thought that using that would just do the normal google search, maybe I should have paid closer attention to the selection below the box.

markb
July 18th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Like Marnold said. The domain search format also works for sites that don't have a google search option. It's worth knowing to hone your searches.

tot_Ou_tard
July 21st, 2008, 06:02 AM
I know to do this, but I often have a hard time digging up an old post. I rack my brain for what might be a phrase unique to that thread with no luck.