PDA

View Full Version : Bass problems

indianjjy
July 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM
HELP !!! A friend of mine has a hi-end Ken Smith 6 string Bass running thru a Mark Bass amp. He played thru my old bassman, tube amp and was wanting to get the warmth of the old school tube amp thru his $ 1200 dollar mark bass amp. I have to say that the Ken Smith 6 string bass is quite a well made instrument. I told him I would put the people at FRET.Net to the test and maybe someone might have a answer on how to put some old school warmth into his Hi-end Mark Bass amp. The Mark bass amp is a well made unit,althou being solid state is a fine instrument also. Please help, any pedals or effects that he could use to help get some of that warmth will be appreciated. Just needs to add alittle depth to the sound....Thanx again.

TS808
July 20th, 2008, 06:00 PM
HELP !!! A friend of mine has a hi-end Ken Smith 6 string Bass running thru a Mark Bass amp. He played thru my old bassman, tube amp and was wanting to get the warmth of the old school tube amp thru his $ 1200 dollar mark bass amp. I have to say that the Ken Smith 6 string bass is quite a well made instrument. I told him I would put the people at FRET.Net to the test and maybe someone might have a answer on how to put some old school warmth into his Hi-end Mark Bass amp. The Mark bass amp is a well made unit,althou being solid state is a fine instrument also. Please help, any pedals or effects that he could use to help get some of that warmth will be appreciated. Just needs to add alittle depth to the sound....Thanx again.

A tube preamp of some sort may help to add a bit of warmth to the amp. One other idea would be to try a Boss GT-8 Bass Processor that emulates different amps and cabinets. I'm not sure if Line 6 makes a POD Live for Bass, but those may be a few suggestions.