PDA

View Full Version : K-100 2008 running relay video

Robert
July 21st, 2008, 07:37 AM
Here we were having fun at the Kananaskis 100 mile relay:

Spudman
July 21st, 2008, 08:25 AM
That was cool to watch.
Did everyone do an equal distance or how did you split it up and decide who ran when?
Beautiful place for a run too. That looks like south of Banff and Lake Louise or maybe all highways and mountain ranges look the same in Alberta, eh.

Robert
July 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
Basically, the same kind of mountains as in Banff/Jasper, we were just on the other side of them.

Distances range between 9.6 to 18.6 kilometers. This is predetermined by race organizers.

Katastrophe
July 21st, 2008, 08:51 AM
Wow, Robert, you set a great pace in that run!

Few questions:

Nipples intact? I noticed you were wearing the number lower on the shirt.

I've never done any distance running (longer than 3 miles, and that was when I was a kid), so stupid noob question. When you're running those long distances, do you just kinda go on autopilot, maintaining the same speed or do you have to constantly adjust?

Also, you looked pretty focused on the job at hand. Are you able to hear what the guys in the car were telling you, or do you just tune 'em out and keep going?

And finally,

How does a slightly pudgy, sedentary mid 30s guy start a running / jogging program? Not that I have anyone in mind or anything.;) :D

Robert
July 21st, 2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks! Nipples okay this time. I hear just fine when people are cheering, I need to hear that to keep going!

I think the video is too long. I'll edit tonight and re-upload it.

For a good running program for beginners, see http://www.nahanniriverherbs.com/health-news-20.php