PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a bushing for MIM bass tuner

ShortBuSX
July 21st, 2008, 09:08 AM
Ive got a close friend who scored a Fender MIM P-Bass for only $80...it needed strings and when he went to replace them he discovered that one of the bushings for the tuner was missing, either it fell off when he was replacing the strings or it came missing...either way he needs one and is having a hard time finding a source for one.
Anybody know what Im talking about or better yet where to get one?

ShortBuSX
July 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
BTW, I found these over the weekend...just following up in case somebody else ever ends up searching for them.

Bass tuner bushings (http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bass_tunerparts.htm)

For his MIM it would require the ones pictured in the bottom left.
http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/0051532000.jpg

ShortBuSX
July 31st, 2008, 09:52 AM
OKay...my buddy and I still need HELP!
Ive been calling Guitarpartsresouce just about everyday, several times a day and even leaving voicemail...no answer and no return phone call.
I figure theyre doing inventory, or theres some trade show or something.
The part is dirt cheap, but do you really do business online with a credit card with a company who isnt answering the business phone????

So far this is the only place that has a bushing like the above pictured that will fit a MIM bass...I keep searching and searching, but all I keep finding are standard and not metric...AND whats worse is my buddy is just about ready to start butchering his headstock to make the standard ones fit!!!

Can anybody help me find him a bushing for his MIM bass????

Rocket
July 31st, 2008, 02:19 PM
Why don't you call Fender and ask them for one? Worst they could do is say no... best they could do is send one for free.
I've done that many times with manufacturers.

just strum
July 31st, 2008, 02:58 PM
I've e-mailed Fender's customer service and got what I needed. Oh wait, that was Gibson - uh, never mind.

Seriously, call or write - Rocket is probably right (Damn, said it again).

ShortBuSX
August 1st, 2008, 07:58 AM
Why don't you call Fender and ask them for one? Worst they could do is say no... best they could do is send one for free.
I've done that many times with manufacturers.

Excellent suggestion!
Sometimes the obvious escapes me.