PDA

View Full Version : Identify a CD by licking it

Robert
July 21st, 2008, 10:46 PM
What? and WHY? You wake up one day and think, "hey, I bet I could be famous by learning how to lick a CD and tell people what artist it is!". :thwap:
Yeah, real useful skill there, buddy.

Why, people, why?

I am referring to the new TV show, Wanna Bet.
http://www.wannabettv.com/
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings.aspx?id=20080707abc03

What's next, licking dogs in order to tell what breed they are?

Rocket
July 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM
...lick a CD and tell people what artist it is!".
Should be easier than that CD thing... dogs can tell just by sniffing.
(I think I could pull off Dachshund vs. Shepherd with one lick!)

Spudman
July 22nd, 2008, 12:41 AM

It's not so much about the breed...just the fact that dogs are so tasty makes me want to lick them.:pancake:

You have to admit that it's a pretty cool skill if you can tell what cd you have by licking it. Right?

Kazz
July 22nd, 2008, 04:29 AM
umm this one is dusty must be Emerson Lake and Palmer......

Robert
July 22nd, 2008, 07:14 AM
I've been thinking about practicing this skill when friends come over and we need some music to listen to. What better way to figure out which CD to pick out? Maybe we can have a big CD-licking party. Jeez, doesn't that sound appealing?

Spudman
July 22nd, 2008, 08:16 AM
CD fondue is pretty good.

R_of_G
July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Perhaps as we move more and more to an age where music is downloaded directly this is a way to generate interest in physical cd's.

Katastrophe
July 22nd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Since you posted about licking CDs, and dogs came up in the discussion, I guess this isn't too off topic, if not totally tasteless...

Bubba and Earl were seated at the 50 yard line of a University of Georgia football game. The school's mascot, UGA, an English Bulldog, proudly struts out on to the field during halftime, and the crowd goes wild.

UGA reaches the middle of the field, where he sits down and begins to lick himself.

Bubba looks at Earl and says, "Man, I wish I could do that!"

Earl responds, "Go 'head, but that dawg would bite you!"

:D

marnold
July 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Bubba looks at Earl and says, "Man, I wish I could do that!"

Earl responds, "Go 'head, but that dawg would bite you!"
Optional ending:

Earl responds, "Why don't you just pet him?"

Danzego
July 22nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Ya know, I think that I would do ok on a game show such as this. At least until they started busting out modern Pop and "R&B" music.

Game Show Host: Dan, you've been flawless up to this point, but have missed the last 5 selections. What's the matter?

Me: I can't tell the difference. They all taste like ****! :puke:

street music
July 22nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
Robert, Are you bored? How do you come up with this kind of stuff?? After a long day at work , I come home to find you have the Fret licking CDs. What Next? Strum will have fun at this sport, someone tell him it's the next big Olympic event- speed lickin'

Robert
July 22nd, 2008, 05:29 PM
yeah, I'm bored. I watched TV for 3 minutes last night, and this stupid stuff comes up. I had to "shake my head in public", by posting on here. :D

This is the Fret - everything is different here! :D

warren0728
July 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
when i first read the title to this thread i thought it said "cb" not "cd" :eek: :poke: :beer: :rotflmao:

ww

street music
July 22nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
Warren, in the gutter AGAIN? Your mind I suggest??:rotflmao:

warren0728
July 22nd, 2008, 07:19 PM
Warren, in the gutter AGAIN?
i know...hard to believe... :whatever: :rolleyes:

ww