PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Fab Tone

Mr Grumpy
July 23rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Well, I ebayed my Dano fab tone as, solid pedal though it was, I just could not get a sound out of it I liked - too fizzy, no apparent variation in the distortion (fab control), just too nasty. Im seriously considering a Digitech DF7 as a distortion to add to my Cooltron OD which I cant see me selling. I hope to get a VJ or similar little tube amp next year, anyone ever used a DF7 into a Vox AD30 and/or a VJ?

Robert
July 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Haven't tried that pedal. If you want distortion, try the Digitech Hot Head! It's a hottie! ;) the Bad Monkey rulez too for overdrive on a budget. AND - the Cool Cat pedals from Danelectro kick major booty for pennies! :)

Mr Grumpy
July 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
The hotheads on the list - as is the Digitech Grunge: :rockon:

Tibernius
July 23rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
My main setup is guitar --> Digitech Screamin' Blues --> Harley Benton GA5. Sounds brilliant. :AOK:

pes_laul
July 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Haven't tried that pedal. If you want distortion, try the Digitech Hot Head! It's a hottie! ;) the Bad Monkey rulez too for overdrive on a budget. AND - the Cool Cat pedals from Danelectro kick major booty for pennies! :)
+1:AOK:

I have had my bad monkey for a couple months now and I am completely pleased with it. It's great for blues or to add some meat to your solos, and for 40-50 bucks it's a great deal.

Danzego
July 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Oh man, the Fab Tone. Back in my gigging metal days, we used to LOVE that pedal. That is, once we figured out there was one knob on it (I don't even remember which one since it's been about 7 years last I used it) that when you turned it up past 90%, the entire tone of the once weak pedal magically changed into this mean crunch. :rockon: