PDA

View Full Version : Bullfrog Power - 100% green electricity for Canadians

Robert
July 24th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Anyone tried Bullfrog Power? Available in Ontario and Alberta.

Our daughter found this site http://www.bullfrogpower.com/
and I think we will try it. We want to make an effort to support locally generated renewable power.

What options do you USA guys have for getting "green" power?

R_of_G
July 24th, 2008, 01:51 PM
In my particular part of the USA, we have no options to speak of. If you live where I do, there is one company from which you can acquire power. They are as far from green as it gets, but the only other option is to not have power at all. I cannot state that this is the case for all of the US though I will be interested to hear what others have to say about their localities.

warren0728
July 24th, 2008, 01:53 PM
no options here either....the only thing green about progress energy (or as we call them - noprogress energy) is the increasing amount of green they get from me each month... :flamemad:

ww

sumitomo
July 24th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Nothing here either.You could grow some green to help pay for the over priced natural gas/elec./water ect.Sumi:D

M29
July 24th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Methane man it's all about methane:rockon: GAS that rocks:rockon:

M29

WackyT
July 24th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Xcel Energy WindSource

Ch0jin
July 24th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I live in Australia, we dont have electricity yet.

hubberjub
July 25th, 2008, 05:48 AM
In NY we are under the spell of New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG) who enjoy having thier monopoly.

peachhead
July 25th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I live in Australia, we dont have electricity yet.

no wonder my wife was so happy to get here. And all this time I thought it was me... :thwap:

this is what my EMC says:

"Green Power EMC offers EMC members the opportunity to support cleaner, renewable energy created from resources here in Georgia where we live, work, and play. By selecting Green Power, you can choose how some or all of the energy used in your home is generated.

Green Power EMC uses biomass, including methane collected from Georgia landfills, and possibly hydroelectric, solar, and wind power in the future to generate environmentally friendly energy. The program was created by thirteen Georgia cooperatives, with input from numerous government agencies and environmental awareness groups. Green Power EMC is recognized as a participant in the Environmental Protection Agency's Landfill Methane Outreach Program.

This "green" energy is available in subscription blocks of 150 kilowatt-hours per month. Because the costs to create renewable electricity are higher than those of traditional electric generation, each block of green power costs $4.00, about 2.6 cents per kWh, above your applicable EMC rate. A portion of all Green Power EMC energy sales goes to support continued growth of energy generated from these cleaner resources."

I guess all that means I can pay extra if I want for green power, but it says the blocks are limited.

ted s
July 26th, 2008, 12:51 PM
This is interesting also.
http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/i/misc/Vertigro/index.html