PDA

View Full Version : Peavy Vypyr

just strum
July 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
May not apply to all models, but talking to Sweetwater, the first wave of amps from Peavey hits their store 8/1. Most models are sold out, but I didn't get a breakdown. The next wave from Peavey arrives 8/14 and there are still available gear that can be ordered from the 8/14 shipment.

I'm checking specifically on the 60w tube and will post soon.

Rocket
July 24th, 2008, 04:42 PM
In my dealings with Sweetwater... their "dates" don't mean squat.

Robert
July 24th, 2008, 04:47 PM
My pal who runs a music store will bring some in for me to try. Maybe I'll get a video demo up.

just strum
July 24th, 2008, 05:27 PM
In my dealings with Sweetwater... their "dates" don't mean squat.

Is it Sweetwater dates or manufacturer dates that don't mean squat - and is the answer yes?

Rocket
July 24th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Is it Sweetwater dates or manufacturer dates that don't mean squat - and is the answer yes?
Well, when I was trying to obtain the Joan Jett MM, I talked to 3 different Sweetwater sales reps on the same day and got 3 different dates... was told by my personal "rep" that the fault was with Gibson for not releasing the model yet. I called Gibson and the CS guy I talked to told me that was BS and that they had been delivering them all over and gave me a couple store contacts. The first store I contacted, (Fuller's Vintage Guitar,) had some and sold me one that day.
Got the same runaround & story about the SFXII and Fender Strat that I wanted to get from Sweetwater. I really do want to give SW my business but everything I ask about is either not in stock with no estimated date or they just don't know.

just strum
July 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Well, when I was trying to obtain the Joan Jett MM, I talked to 3 different Sweetwater sales reps on the same day and got 3 different dates... was told by my personal "rep" that the fault was with Gibson for not releasing the model yet. I called Gibson and the CS guy I talked to told me that was BS and that they had been delivering them all over and gave me a couple store contacts. The first store I contacted, (Fuller's Vintage Guitar,) had some and sold me one that day.
Got the same runaround & story about the SFXII and Fender Strat that I wanted to get from Sweetwater. I really do want to give SW my business but everything I ask about is either not in stock with no estimated date or they just don't know.

Just curious, have you contacted Chuck Surack (assuming he's still top dog) and told him any of this? I had a shipping issue and even though it was a small problem, he fixed it. He called me on my next purchase to make sure everything worked out ok.

I would call or e-mail him and let him know.

Rocket
July 24th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Just curious, have you contacted Chuck Surack (assuming he's still top dog) and told him any of this?
Yup! Chuck Surack & Doug Strahm... couple of times.

just strum
August 7th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Just curious, has anyone ordered one of the new Vyper's yet?

Rocket
August 7th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Just curious, has anyone ordered one of the new Vyper's yet?
Nobody has one to sell.

just strum
August 7th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Nobody has one to sell.

That's why I said order, not buy. I haven't seen them actually in stock anywhere yet. I know Sweetwater is on their second round of orders.

I want to hear some real feedback about these amps, instead of some promo blurp. They are priced so competitively that it would be a shame to find out they are priced that way because they suck.

Robert
August 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM
My local guitar store will get them in soon. I will be there to test drive.

Rocket
August 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM
They can't suck if they don't exist!

SuperSwede
August 7th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Here is a short clip of the Vypyr in action

ucSitlFV1MA

Rocket
August 7th, 2008, 11:11 AM
That vid is poor... too much background noise.

just strum
August 7th, 2008, 11:40 AM
There are a few demo's out there, a couple from the show and a few very controlled ones (actually one or two that I've come across), but I want to hear about it from real people.