PDA

View Full Version : a question for spuds.....

pes_laul
July 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
OK I was just wondering....owning over 50 guitars do you change the strings own them frequently or more than others. and that must cost a fortune?:master:

just strum
July 24th, 2008, 08:07 PM
OK I was just wondering....owning over 50 guitars do you change the strings own them frequently or more than others. and that must cost a fortune?:master:

He only has one string on each guitar, so he has to have six guitars to gig. And when he covers the Byrds...

Spudman
July 24th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Change what? What's a "string?" Is it part of the guitar? :D I'll have to ask my tech.

Not very often really. I live in a dry climate, I don't sweat and they stay good for a long time. With my gig guitars I change them a day before every gig. That is limited to about 5 guitars. Sometimes I'll take a 'non regular' to a gig but probably don't play it all night. So if I'm gigging 3 weeks in a row that means 6 new sets of strings at the most. Usually just my main guitar gets the change because the backups don't get played much. So figure $2.50 per set for strings times 4-6 equals $10-$15 divided by 3 gigs. It isn't much at all and the only real issue is the locking nut guitars take a bit more time to restring.

just strum
July 24th, 2008, 08:50 PM
It isn't much at all and the only real issue is the locking nut guitars take a bit more time to restring.

How's that??? I wish all my guitars had LN's, I think it takes half the time, if not less.

duhvoodooman
July 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Locking nuts, not locking tuners. I.e. Floyd Rose and similar systems.

just strum
July 24th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Locking nuts, not locking tuners. I.e. Floyd Rose and similar systems.

My mistake - as Rosanne Rosanna Danna would say - never mind (*****)

Spudman
July 24th, 2008, 09:53 PM
My mistake - as Rosanne Rosanna Danna would say - never mind (*****)

As Chevy Chase would say, Strum you ignorant slut.

mrmudcat
July 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM
:rotflmao: :D :master:

Oh that was good even if it was at Strummy's expense!!!:D

Old SNL ruled!!!!!:dude:

bigoldron
July 25th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Old SNL ruled!!!!!:dude:

The original "Not Ready for Prime Time Players" is and always be the best ones! :AOK:

thearabianmage
July 25th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Well - another question for the Spuds. . . How long did it take you to acquire your collection? I imagine many, many years. And how exactly did you afford them (if you don't mind me asking) ? Extra large GAS budget?

Spudman
July 25th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Well - another question for the Spuds. . . How long did it take you to acquire your collection? I imagine many, many years. And how exactly did you afford them (if you don't mind me asking) ? Extra large GAS budget?

Quite a few years. Mostly after 1997 when I became a hit man and had plenty of extra cash on hand. Why? Who wants to know?

just strum
July 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Before we strike terror across the land, the title of the thread should read Spud, not Spuds. Let's keep it singular, isn't one enough.

Hey Spud, I agree with Mud, that was a good comeback, b!tch.

Spudman
July 25th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Yes one is certainly enough...but not if we are talking about guitars. My neighbors just came over for dinner tonight and had never seen the collection all these years. Now the are quite safe in assuming that I really am nuts.

Glad you liked the come back...hoser.